What's new

News War Mode Coming to Custom Games

• Thread starter PUBG Announcements
  • Start date
  • Views 505
P

PUBG Announcements

Hello all,

We’re working on a new experiment with War Mode on custom servers. It’s currently in a very early stages of development, so if you’re able to access custom games, we’re eager to have you play and let us know what you think! We’re looking into bringing War Mode to live servers as an Event Mode (but it’ll likely see changes between now and then).

Custom games and servers are still limited for now, but we intend to release them more widely at some point in the coming months. We’ll let you know when it’s ready.

As always, thanks for playing! Find more details on War Mode below:

War Mode

War Mode is a death match type game mode that allows respawning. As soon as you jump into the game, the safe area (White Zone) will immediately be set; if you die you will be respawned at certain time intervals.

• Objectives
    • The goal is to obtain 80 points and the default is a 4 player squad
    • The match ends if an individual or a team gets to the target score first or if time runs out. BP rewards will be given out when the match ends
    • Ranking will be determined based on scores earned
      • DBNO: + 1 point
      • Revive: + 1 point
      • Team Kill or Team DBNO: -5 point
      • Kill: + 3 points

• Respawning
    • Respawn method: player reenters the match area via respawn airplane
    • Default respawn interval: 60 seconds
    • Main weapon setting for default respawn: SMG provided as main weapon for close quarter battles

• Care Package
    • The care package aircraft will fly over every 60 seconds. The composition of the air drop is the same as in the regular game.

• Safe Zone
    • By default, the safe zone is static. This (and many other settings) can be tweaked in custom games.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Gardzz good/bad step for the game? Re-spawning should stay out of PUBG imo.

Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Bad step IMO. Respawn sounds lame to me. I think they aren't prioritizing very well either if this is what they are adding before fixing what they already have.

Speedball

Speedball

Reaction score
Sin$
What needs fixing? Game runs fine for me on my i5 processor.
There are multiple glitches still in the game which can heavily effect gameplay. 3 man bike is still a death trap even after many "fixes". 8 man events clearly weren't thought out well enough if you can only queue with 3 other friends. Red zone is pointless RNG which many people have been begging to be removed from the game.
Most of these are pretty opinion based by me, but I just think they should focus on smaller things which could make the game better, rather than adding new modes like this to the game. Sure it would be nice to have some variety at some point, but I think they should perfect what they have before moving on to the next project.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There are multiple glitches still in the game which can heavily effect gameplay. 3 man bike is still a death trap even after many "fixes". 8 man events clearly weren't thought out well enough if you can only queue with 3 other friends. Red zone is pointless RNG which many people have been begging to be removed from the game.
Most of these are pretty opinion based by me, but I just think they should focus on smaller things which could make the game better, rather than adding new modes like this to the game. Sure it would be nice to have some variety at some point, but I think they should perfect what they have before moving on to the next project.
After spending over 300 hours on the game:
  • I have never experienced a problem with the 3 man bike except it's a b**** at handling, which is how it should be.
  • Agree 8 man events were not clearly thought out, but that was only a short time event anyways.
  • Red zone is one of the elements in the game I actually like. So that ones just a personal opinion as you stated after.
So I can maybe agree with you on one of them. However its not a game-breaking factor. These events only last for a limited time and it's good to keep it fresh with these events. If people don't like them, then they still have the normal mode to play.

Speedball

Speedball

Reaction score
Sin$
After spending over 300 hours on the game:
  • I have never experienced a problem with the 3 man bike except it's a b**** at handling, which is how it should be.
  • Agree 8 man events were not clearly thought out, but that was only a short time event anyways.
  • Red zone is one of the elements in the game I actually like. So that ones just a personal opinion as you stated after.
So I can maybe agree with you on one of them. However its not a game-breaking factor. These events only last for a limited time and it's good to keep it fresh with these events. If people don't like them, then they still have the normal mode to play.
400+ hours logged here :tongue:
The school glitch where you can get in the roof and shoot people is rather annoying. Everyone has been doing it lately since Shroud put a video up of it :/
I personally have a few of the 3 man bike videos saved. I'll submit it here on the site soon. Rather frustrating in the moment but comical afterwards.
There are many other glitches/bugs the game still has to iron out. I am a bit of a perfectionist so I like to see companies fix what they have before moving on as i've stated but I know it's a rarity for companies to do that nowadays :/

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tag.

400+ hours logged here :tongue:
The school glitch where you can get in the roof and shoot people is rather annoying. Everyone has been doing it lately since Shroud put a video up of it :/
I personally have a few of the 3 man bike videos saved. I'll submit it here on the site soon. Rather frustrating in the moment but comical afterwards.
There are many other glitches/bugs the game still has to iron out. I am a bit of a perfectionist so I like to see companies fix what they have before moving on as i've stated but I know it's a rarity for companies to do that nowadays :/
To be fair fixing and fixing and fixing a game that’s getting stale to some is pointless. The less people that play, the less money. The more they release “new” content for the game, the more they can keep people interested, and still try and fix some of those issues you stated. The game is in beta after all, therefore to expect a full and polished game, coming from a perfectionist myself, is a little bit on the naive side of things. It’s going to have issues, they will be fixed, they just take time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register