• Start date
  • Views 656
Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
So my titles pretty much says what i want to do... sadly i have no experience with rooting. If there's any info i can throw out to make this a lot easier so that you can point me into the right procedure of doing so... or you can link me to a thread (. _ . ) i have looked around but i am always unsure.

UKsFLAMEZ

UKsFLAMEZ

I Like It, I like It A Lot..
Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary Services
Reaction score
Sin$
4.3 (. _ . )

4.3 auto root HERE you will need Odin, its a full tut on how to do it and links to all tools needed if you don't already have them. the auto root link is just below step 1, with you having no experience i thought auto root would be easier for you to do, hope this helps you! :smile:

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
4.3 auto root HERE you will need Odin, its a full tut on how to do it and links to all tools needed if you don't already have them. the auto root link is just below step 1, with you having no experience i thought auto root would be easier for you to do, hope this helps you! :smile:
Alright so after fudging around with it for about 2 hours.... Odin just refuses to read my phone... I have tried reinstalling the drivers and swaping my usb ports around.... it just refuses to pick it up.. (i don't get the added message)

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so after fudging around today again i found out that the phone drivers weren't installed on my laptop .-. even though i installed the drivers before twice i think . _ . but my comp says lol nope no drivers... even after restarting going to get them from samsung instead and see if that helps..

EDIT: Yup now odin reads it...

Last edited:
UKsFLAMEZ

UKsFLAMEZ

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so after fudging around today again i found out that the phone drivers weren't installed on my laptop .-. even though i installed the drivers before twice i think . _ . but my comp says lol nope no drivers... even after restarting going to get them from samsung instead and see if that helps..

EDIT: Yup now odin reads it...

good good! Hopefully you will achieve the root now :smile:

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
good good! Hopefully you will achieve the root now :smile:
Alright new problem... i went through the steps and everything (Odin even said pass) but when i check with the root checker app says i haven't rooted it.... I have tried 4 different things now... and nothing.. I have followed the steps strictly. One obstacle after another..

UKsFLAMEZ

UKsFLAMEZ

Reaction score
Sin$
hmm, ermm just searching on min..

could try this one? it has a video with it, seems easy enough, u already have the drivers so you only need to get the saferoot file :smile: (i haven't tried this way myself) I Don't understand how Odin hasn't done it.. but hopefully this one will

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
hmm, ermm just searching on min..

could try this one? it has a video with it, seems easy enough, u already have the drivers so you only need to get the saferoot file :smile: (i haven't tried this way myself) I Don't understand how Odin hasn't done it.. but hopefully this one will
Alright so tis very weird but root checker says i'm not rooted but freedom is now useable... so i guess i'm rooted ( . _ . ) thank you for your help <3

UKsFLAMEZ

UKsFLAMEZ

Reaction score
Sin$
you got 'superuser'? It's rooted if you have :smile: open it if you have it and update, could just be that i dunno, I've never used the root checker anyway lol

EDIT: and no problem, glad i could help!

shabbypenguin

shabbypenguin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Holy crap you are lucky. you could have caused your device not to boot flashing random files. there are MANY variants of the SGS3, and flashing the i9300 software on the ones found in the US can cause bricks. next time i would highly suggest clarifying what phone you have, as in what model and software version. all of that can be found in the about phone screen in settings.

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
Holy crap you are lucky. you could have caused your device not to boot flashing random files. there are MANY variants of the SGS3, and flashing the i9300 software on the ones found in the US can cause bricks. next time i would highly suggest clarifying what phone you have, as in what model and software version. all of that can be found in the about phone screen in settings.
I didn't use the file given in the first tutorial that he showed me... I'm not retarded now...

D

daheazle

Reaction score
Sin$
Just a heads up for amateur rooters out there. There is a program called kingoroot that will root most phones and OS's and on top of that will not trip the Knox flag on Samsung phones. It will supposedly unroot as well but I have never tried that feature.

Zurjj

Zurjj

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Top Bottom
Login
Register