Solved Want t use Xbox 360 as Media Player

• Thread starter chiquito3
  • Start date
  • Views 2,131
C

chiquito3

Reaction score
Sin$
I want to use my Xbox 360 as Media Player but I have not been able to get the media player in the Xbox console. I have a Win10 PC and also a LenovoEMC NAS with a Media server software running and they both can be detected by other devices but since I have not been able to get the media player in the console I can not make it work. Please advice.

X

Xerea

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to use my Xbox 360 as Media Player but I have not been able to get the media player in the Xbox console. I have a Win10 PC and also a LenovoEMC NAS with a Media server software running and they both can be detected by other devices but since I have not been able to get the media player in the console I can not make it work. Please advice.
Microsoft if i recall discontinued that feature like back in 2010. it may still work. ofc dvds in disc drive work but idk about the media center lol

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft if i recall discontinued that feature like back in 2010. it may still work. ofc dvds in disc drive work but idk about the media center lol
Dude, You're talking about "Windows Media Center", which went out of support in 2012 when they made it an optional extra in Windows 8.1 then binned it entirely.
The Xbox 360 still supports it to this day and has the code, if you fire up a WMC pc it will detect it and you can still use it just fine, all functional!

So, is there no way to make it work?
There still is, yes. The guy above was talking about "Windows Media Center" which is a completely different streaming service than the standard "Stream from a PC or NAS".

The basic media player in the console has support for network devices, the devices must be on the same network and network sharing must be enabled on the Windows PC you wish to stream content from. on a NAS, the Windows Media Sharing protocols must be enabled and a share set up that supports guests.
On your NAS, if you can install PLEX, there's the PLEX app for xbox that allows you to stream all your movies, music and TV shows as well as use the DVR Feature if you're a Premium member.
I highly recommend PLEX, it works on everything from mobile to PC etc.

X

Xerea

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, You're talking about "Windows Media Center", which went out of support in 2012 when they made it an optional extra in Windows 8.1 then binned it entirely.
The Xbox 360 still supports it to this day and has the code, if you fire up a WMC pc it will detect it and you can still use it just fine, all functional!

There still is, yes. The guy above was talking about "Windows Media Center" which is a completely different streaming service than the standard "Stream from a PC or NAS".

The basic media player in the console has support for network devices, the devices must be on the same network and network sharing must be enabled on the Windows PC you wish to stream content from. on a NAS, the Windows Media Sharing protocols must be enabled and a share set up that supports guests.
On your NAS, if you can install PLEX, there's the PLEX app for xbox that allows you to stream all your movies, music and TV shows as well as use the DVR Feature if you're a Premium member.
I highly recommend PLEX, it works on everything from mobile to PC etc.
lol whoops! i got it mixed up

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register