• Start date
  • Views 1,662
xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, i started messing around with the HighMIP files (.hi) to create my own custom camo's, after a while of messing around i went testing them, and i might have created a new kind of wallhack.

I have replaced lots of .hi files, so i am not sure which one caused this.
Whenever i get close to an exploded vehicle, it starts dissapearing in the same way wallhack works. This also happens to bushes/tree's, and to some online characters. If i can find out which file caused this, i might be able to replace which ever texture i want with the 'wall hack' texture!

I know ihatecompvir knows a lot about those files, so i'd like to know if this has ever happened to you or anyone else.

video:

Last edited:
Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Really interesting, hopefully you find out the source because maybe it would work in other cods.

Also did you successfully find a way to make a custom camo?

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
Really interesting, hopefully you find out the source because maybe it would work in other cods.

Also did you successfully find a way to make a custom camo?
Nah i didnt find a way to make a custom camo :frown:

I guess il record & upload the video about this in a min

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That's pretty damn cool actually. I've been messing around with the weapons and managed to import the commando from blops into WaW zombies, it's just a matter of getting the actual model for it imported.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
That's pretty damn cool actually. I've been messing around with the weapons and managed to import the commando from blops into WaW zombies, it's just a matter of getting the actual model for it imported.
Wow, mind sharing your method? :rolleyes:

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, mind sharing your method? :rolleyes:

by9qxbFmJf.png

heheheh, as you can see the model just has no idea what it's doing..

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
heheheh, as you can see the model just has no idea what it's doing..

Haha, 'go home model, you're drunk!'

Hey eh, maybe we can work on this together? Im not that good of a coder but im sure i can mess around with the files a lot like i always do :tongue:

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$

That's really interesting. I though .hi files were just for camos, but I guess it's for all textures.

Did you try to port from a PC mod or did you try a completely different method? If you ported from a PC mod then I'm sure theres a way to port all the other guns and perks. That'd be so fcking sweet

Also do all cods use hi files?

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
That's really interesting. I though .hi files were just for camos, but I guess it's for all textures.

Yeah there are .hi's for every texture in the game i believe, but they only show up when you get close to the model. I believe each model has a texture on it, but the .hi's are just extra good quality texture's which get loaded as soon as you come close the the object. (not sure about that, just a theory :tongue:)

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha, 'go home model, you're drunk!'

Hey eh, maybe we can work on this together? Im not that good of a coder but im sure i can mess around with the files a lot like i always do :tongue:
Lmao. And sure, it's not coding at all that gives you the gun, all I need to figure out is how to import the model into the game, as well as the sounds, and thats it!

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Sin$

Did you try to port from a PC mod or did you try a completely different method? If you ported from a PC mod then I'm sure theres a way to port all the other guns and perks. That'd be so fcking sweet

Also do all cods use hi files?
I didn't port it from a pc mod, did a different method that's honestly easy af.

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah there are .hi's for every texture in the game i believe, but they only show up when you get close to the model. I believe each model has a texture on it, but the .hi's are just extra good quality texture's which get loaded as soon as you come close the the object. (not sure about that, just a theory :tongue:)
They aren't full camos. It's just a finishing texture (Shader texture) you could say since the highmip folder doesn't have all the specific wall overlays or any of that. If you want proper camps and such, you are going to need to open the pak files. I've been busy with the Black Ops 2 360 ipaks so I'm not too sure gow these are. If they are simular then it the first line in hxd it should have the pointer. Then go to the where it points to see a bit of it's contents. Good luck.

-Crippler-

-Crippler-

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They aren't full camos. It's just a finishing texture (Shader texture) you could say since the highmip folder doesn't have all the specific wall overlays or any of that. If you want proper camps and such, you are going to need to open the pak files. I've been busy with the Black Ops 2 360 ipaks so I'm not too sure gow these are. If they are simular then it the first line in hxd it should have the pointer. Then go to the where it points to see a bit of it's contents. Good luck.

Using Tom Crowley's ipak extractor I presume? Can't wait for Lime to be released!

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Using Tom Crowley's ipak extractor I presume? Can't wait for Lime to be released!
Lime has been released :smile: it's a bit buggy, like some extensions not being placed on files, but it's good and done all through a memory exploit. I'm using kokole's source has a bit of a reference. PC and Xbox files are very different. I was able to manually extract a file, but it's really ****ed up. I'm sure the Xbox ipaks use a different compressor, but they use the same pointer. It's just an annoying process. BO2 fast files are the same way. Can be decrypted, but the compression is the only thing that gets kokole and I.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
Lime has been released :smile: it's a bit buggy, like some extensions not being placed on files, but it's good and done all through a memory exploit. I'm using kokole's source has a bit of a reference. PC and Xbox files are very different. I was able to manually extract a file, but it's really ****ed up. I'm sure the Xbox ipaks use a different compressor, but they use the same pointer. It's just an annoying process. BO2 fast files are the same way. Can be decrypted, but the compression is the only thing that gets kokole and I.
Have you ever looked into cod waw PAK's? ive been trying to open them forever, but no luck :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register