W i s d o m's Halo 3 Tips to improve your game

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by W i s d o m, Dec 15, 2008 with 11 replies and 1,262 views.

1. W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Speaking from experience and skill I'd like to offer a few tips to those of you looking to step up your game on Halo 3 XBL.

1st tip: Grenade placement: Grenade "nade" placement is one of the most important skills to get down. A well placed nade can get you almost out of any situation. Practicing where to throw nades, how to bounce them, and taking time to examine special areas to throw in customs is a great way to surprise foes.

2nd tip: Understanding the physics: Knowing the physics of the game allows you to pre-determine whats going to happen next in any givin situation. It helps greatly to have the feel for how bodies move and jump and how nades bounce ... etc. General practice in customs will naturally allow better anticipation & automatic reflexes in situations.

3rd tip: Practice with the same settings you play: Going around smacking people with gravity hammers in custom games isent going to get you ready for a slayer or MLG match. Know what your going to play, and practice ahead of time. It helps, a lot.

4th tip: Communication: Its crucial you let your teammates know whats going on and not play the newest lil wayne song over your headset. Otherwise your all playing blind and not sure what to expect. Tell them where the enemy is, what guns they have, and after you die, use your kill cam to see what there doing & where they're at.

Hope I'v helped you
    - W i s d o m

• Like Like x 2
  2. JaxJags

JaxJags Contributor

Ratings:
    So, to sum it up, play a lot of customs and communicate with team mates?:mellow:

3. OP
    W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, thats a little "too" simple.

I make it easier for people to soak in information & understand.

Just saying one word tips like "communicate" doesn't always get the point across.

4. Hated By Xbox

Hated By Xbox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You are reffering to callouts and waepon spawns, correct?

5. BR N Snipez

BR N Snipez Newbie

Ratings:
    I could be wrong but i believe he's referring to calling out where people are in the game when your alive or dead and telling your team mates where they are and if they have a weapon like rockets, shotgun, sniper, sword something like that

And communication is basically saying team work you can't really get any where in this game without a good team and one of the most important things in a good team is communication not how many kills you get not saying that not getting kills is not important but it would help drastically if you communicated with your team and helped them get kills

And if you have someone who is not really good on your team then instead of yelling at him and telling him he sucks try and stay near him and help him out and help him get kills because even if he has 5 kills and u won he still helped even if he went 5 and 20 instead of yelling at him about it try and help him get better.

6. s7ormx

s7ormx Newbie

Ratings:
    lmaoooooooooo thats what i do!

7. OP
    W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol yea that doesnt help to much, but it always brings up some good laughs.

8. iBridgeHostBtw

iBridgeHostBtw Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if he goes 5 and 20, kick him out the game and remove him XD

9. KoA KillxThrill

KoA KillxThrill Newbie

Ratings:
  10. tactr

tactr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Also knowing the maps et common spawn locations is key, like maps where no matter what people spawn behind/right beside you.

Also knowing when you're getting out BRd not to stand there and take 4 shots to the head like a dummy but to run and call for help.

11. bmx123r

bmx123r Newbie

Ratings:
    5th tip: never EVER chase anyone it dosent work.

12. OP
    W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'v been absent for quite some time, sorry about that.

But yes you guys brought up some important key things as well.

Know the spawns and never chase.