VMWare Workstation, System Information Help

• Thread starter lewfarrimond
  • Start date
  • Views 174
L

lewfarrimond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! I'm changing my YouTube chancel and instead posting videos exposing and trolling Tech Support Scammers. If you know anything about what they do, they connect to your computer and control it remotely. Obviously to do what I need to do, I need to let them do this, for this I use VMWare Workstation with several different Windows OS's, it also allows me to run Viruses and Malware without any issues for my actual machine. My issue arises after they connect, the "technicians" will often open System Information (Sys Info) and in there, their are two obvious giveaways that I'm running a Virtual Machine, "System Manufacturer" and "System Model".

Now, my question is - is their anyway I can hide/change this information? I know I could just replace msinfo32.exe in Windows, however if the program is missing, it begins to raise alarms for the scammers and they start to call it quits. Furthermore, there are a lot more references to VMWare in msinfo32 however, these are under a few trees so I'm not really worried about them.

All help is appreciated, thanks guys!

G

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
This seems harder than it should be but allows you to change the settings specifically.

L

lewfarrimond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked like a treat, thank you! Problem solved.

Top Bottom