• Thread starter TLRxModzZ
  • Start date
  • Views 462
T

TLRxModzZ

Noob programmer/RGH support/Host
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically I want to make a jrpc tool so I downloaded visual studios but do I need to have Windows 10 for this to work ? Basically when I try to make a universal Windows app it says I need Windows 10 which I don't I'm on window 8.1 does this mean I can't make a tool or am I being stupid and doing something wrong ?

Coolockboss

Coolockboss

✪JTAG/RGH Support✪
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically I want to make a jrpc tool so I downloaded visual studios but do I need to have Windows 10 for this to work ? Basically when I try to make a universal Windows app it says I need Windows 10 which I don't I'm on window 8.1 does this mean I can't make a tool or am I being stupid and doing something wrong ?
What VS have you installed ?

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
What VS have you installed ?
2017 it was the only one on the website then I clicked all three boxes in work load to download ( universal Windows platform development, .net desktop development and desktop development with c++)

Coolockboss

Coolockboss

✪JTAG/RGH Support✪
Reaction score
Sin$
Try downloading VS 2010 should work for you

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I'll give that quick shot now thank you !
That's completely irrelevant to your problem. You absolutely do need Windows 10 to create a Universal Windows App (UWA) project, because it is a project type that is designed to work on all Windows 10 devices, including phones and tablets. What you're wanting to create, a modding application, only has to work on computers, and so the project type you should be using is Windows Form App, which you should have no problems with.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
That's completely irrelevant to your problem. You absolutely do need Windows 10 to create a Universal Windows App (UWA) project, because it is a project type that is designed to work on all Windows 10 devices, including phones and tablets. What you're wanting to create, a modding application, only has to work on computers, and so the project type you should be using is Windows Form App, which you should have no problems with.
Right ok so is that in the visual studios 2017 or is it like a individual add-on ? Sorry I'm a noob in this and so it's a tad confusing

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Right ok so is that in the visual studios 2017 or is it like a individual add-on ? Sorry I'm a noob in this and so it's a tad confusing

It's included in Visual Studio 2017.

Top Bottom
Login
Register