What's new

Visual Studio pro 2010

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2010 from the Premium forum.
Don't flame, as I am new to coding, but...
Is Visual Studio just all of the programs together like:
  • Visual Basic
  • Visual c#
  • Visual c++
and more maybe?

Also, does it have any other extras?
Thanks.

InfectHead

-Kamil-

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop console and graphical user interface applications along with Windows Forms applications, web sites, web applications, and web services in both native code together with managed code for all platforms supported by Microsoft Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework and Microsoft Silverlight.

It's basically a program that lets you code in many different languages.

VB, C++, C#, C, etc., are languages which you code in.

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It's basically a program that lets you code in many different languages.

VB, C++, C#, C, etc., are languages which you code in.
Yeah but, Studio is just a combination of all of the coding programs right?

InfectHead

-Kamil-

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but, Studio is just a combination of all of the coding programs right?

Visual Studio allows you to build, create and compile programs in various coding languages.

Calamity

Calamity

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a Integrated Development Environment, meaning it provides you tools to assist in your programming. You can program in any language with the simplest text editor.

Visual Studio has VB, C#, C++, F# (2010 does, I've never coded in it), and a few other projects for making setups and misc items.

Buffalax

Buffalax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2010 from the Premium forum.
Don't flame, as I am new to coding, but...
Is Visual Studio just all of the programs together like:
  • Visual Basic
  • Visual c#
  • Visual c++
and more maybe?

Also, does it have any other extras?
Thanks.
Along with what calamity said, you can also install other add-ons and features to work on databases (SQL Server) and websites. I haven't been using Visual Studio for to long, but if you attempt to download anything else, lets say Sql Server 2008 Express, the visual studio will suck it up so you can use that instead of a management studio.

Just play with it and you will get the hang of it. If your uncomfortable using Visual Studio why not try downloading the language program itself. Such as Visual Basic 2008 or whatever (depending on the language you want to program or learn)

When you create a new project, check out the "online" templates that other developers have added. You may have to download add-ons or extensions but some of the stuff is really worth it.

Good luck and enjoy.

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a Integrated Development Environment, meaning it provides you tools to assist in your programming. You can program in any language with the simplest text editor.

Visual Studio has VB, C#, C++, F# (2010 does, I've never coded in it), and a few other projects for making setups and misc items.
Thanks, +rep

Along with what calamity said, you can also install other add-ons and features to work on databases (SQL Server) and websites. I haven't been using Visual Studio for to long, but if you attempt to download anything else, lets say Sql Server 2008 Express, the visual studio will suck it up so you can use that instead of a management studio.

Just play with it and you will get the hang of it. If your uncomfortable using Visual Studio why not try downloading the language program itself. Such as Visual Basic 2008 or whatever (depending on the language you want to program or learn)

When you create a new project, check out the "online" templates that other developers have added. You may have to download add-ons or extensions but some of the stuff is really worth it.

Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks to you too +rep
I am pretty sure the SQL Server came with mine when I installed it too.

Top Bottom
Login
Register