What's new

Solved Visual Studio debugging with breakpoints problem.

• Thread starter Onlineweare
  • Start date
  • Views 511
Onlineweare

Onlineweare

Inspiration is key
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Recently I've been getting into memory editing and having some fun on cod4 and mw3. After I find the offset for ammo I'm told I need to go into visual studio attach to my 360 and set a breakpoint. This is where my problem comes into play. When the breakpoint is set and I shoot my weapon it pauses the game as expected but doesn't throw a message saying the break is hit. The only way for my console to get unpaused is to stop debugging. Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't have a message unless it breaks from an exception. In vs while attached, in the debug menu there should be a continue option at the top of the options. Hit that to continue execution.

Onlineweare

Onlineweare

Inspiration is key
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't have a message unless it breaks from an exception. In vs while attached, in the debug menu there should be a continue option at the top of the options. Hit that to continue execution.
I don't have the option, if I click break all it does nothing and I only have the option to stop then. The rest are grayed out. It's like I hit the break, it doen't tell me and everything freezes up.

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, that is what is supposed to happen when you break your program with VS. When doing it to the 360, it does not tell you that you hit a breakpoint like it would with a normal program. It will just stop execution until told to continue. Are you sure you don't have that option? This is where it would be: (excuse the extended display, printscreen and paint was being difficult so what ever)
42eVpck.jpg

Top Bottom
Login
Register