Vista and HDD

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by tOxiC x, Jan 18, 2009 with 10 replies and 933 views.

1. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    I just got a brand new computer, Vista 64-bit.

I am running under administrator, and I preferably like XPort360, but I can't drag and drop with Vista, and there is no 'Inject File' button.

So I tried Xplorer360 Extreme 2, ran as admin it opened, but partition 3 will not load up. 1 and 2 load up perfect and nothing is wrong with my HD as I can still play and view in XPort360.

Does anyone know how to enable drag-n-dropping or what is wrong with the Partition 3?

2. SerpantSlayer

SerpantSlayer Getting There

Ratings:
    If u have a 60 or 120 gb hdd u cant open partition 3 in xplorer360

3. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    yeh you can. i have a 120 gb and xplorer is all i use. its hard to get it to work tho. for first time what you need is xport 360 and xplorer 360 extreme 2.
    open your hdd in xport and then go to xplorer 360 but do NOT connect it yet. then the go to parition 1 or 2 in xport. as soon as you hear you hdd spin up, load it in xplorer. then w8 some time so it spins down a little, then go to xport and load your 3rd parition. the as soon as you hear it spin up, go to xplorer and double click the 3rd parition. it should have loaded now :smile: i had this problem when i first got my transfer kit, and then after tinkering around with it for an hour i finally got it to work. you might have to do this for the first few times you connect it tho.

4. homiecanmod

homiecanmod Newbie

Ratings:
    I had a similiar problem. Heres how i fixed it. I downloaded Halo Toy Box v.2. Went to my computer>ProgramFiles>Halo Toy Box>Applications>Xplorer 360 Extreme 2 , Then dragged it to my desktop. Then i right clicked the icon, and selected Run As Administrator. Opened up my 120 gb harddrive and had acess to all partitions. Hope that helped. BTW, i dont think xport has an inject option, i've never found one.

5. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    Thats because you just drag the file straight from your computer with xport.... xport is really the better software, the developer has added support for all sizes and vista, plus it labels all the folders.

6. T3AB4GG3R117

T3AB4GG3R117 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. OP
    tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    You posted XPort with Xplorer as the link tag. I have XPort 2.0 and it don't let me drag and drop. I have a 60 GB HDD and have no way of moving my content anymore...

8. Mcmodder

Mcmodder Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok here is my advice **** VISTA AND GET XP IT'S A LOT BETTER omg vista blows why do people like it 1 its slow 2 it never opens things and 3 when u wanna close something it asks you like 10 time's im sticking with my xp pro sp2 thanks :biggrin:

9. OP
    tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    Ew, SP2 sucks... SP3 is better

I only have Vista on this new computer my other has SP3...

Keeping Vista until Win7 comes out.

10. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I had Windows XP SP3, I noticed nothing different from SP2.

11. OP
    tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    The compatibility... 30x more user friendly... I can't believe you noticed 'nothing' different...

It crashes like 30% less..