Virus Question

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Nothinbeter2do, Dec 9, 2008 with 2 replies and 139 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    First of all, if this is the wrong section, sorry.

There is a RuneScape auto-miner called CruelMiner. I decided to do a virus scan on it. So, I downloaded it, scanned with Virustotal, and the only virus found was by an antivirus called SunBelt. The virus it found was a Trojan-Dropper.Win32.VB!cobra (v). I have never heard of this and a Google search yields no good results.

TLDR version: Virustotal found a Trojan-Dropper.Win32.VB!cobra (v) and I want to know if it is safe.

Scan Results

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If something picks it up as a virus then don't use it. Why chance it? Just delete it and don't run it. Runsecape has a method for detecting macros like auto-miners, and if you get caught you get banned, so really it's not worth it. But if you really want to use a macro then write your own script in SCAR, or just copy someone else's. Check out this script, it seems like it's what you're looking for. Scar Scripts

3. OP
    Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    Thanks, I'l' try that. I dont need it, my brother wanted one so I told him to scan it first.