Virus Question

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Nothinbeter2do, Dec 9, 2008 with 2 replies and 114 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    First of all, if this is the wrong section, sorry.

There is a RuneScape auto-miner called CruelMiner. I decided to do a virus scan on it. So, I downloaded it, scanned with Virustotal, and the only virus found was by an antivirus called SunBelt. The virus it found was a Trojan-Dropper.Win32.VB!cobra (v). I have never heard of this and a Google search yields no good results.

TLDR version: Virustotal found a Trojan-Dropper.Win32.VB!cobra (v) and I want to know if it is safe.

[Click here to view the link]

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If something picks it up as a virus then don't use it. Why chance it? Just delete it and don't run it. Runsecape has a method for detecting macros like auto-miners, and if you get caught you get banned, so really it's not worth it. But if you really want to use a macro then write your own script in SCAR, or just copy someone else's. Check out this script, it seems like it's what you're looking for. [Click here to view the link]

3. OP
    Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    Thanks, I'l' try that. I dont need it, my brother wanted one so I told him to scan it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.