• Views 25,235
DTAHoNDa447

DTAHoNDa447

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's a video i made on changing the xbox s RoL:​
Things you'll need:
  • 10 0603 led's (8 for rings, 1 for middle(left), & 1 for error light(right).
  • Solder iron
  • Solder
  • Anti-static tweezers
  • Some soldering skills
  • Take apart your xbox (dont rip the faceplate ribbon cable)
Here's a diagram i made. (so you can solder all leds w/out testing them)
All leds have a pos & neg side. The flat part is the pos, and the other side is neg.
*WARNING* If you touch the little resistors that are next to the leds your board will not light up!!
diagramdone.png
The error light is in the middle, on the right.
Heres anothe style slim rf board:​
IMG01069-20120204-1907.png
Video:

Finished product:​
GOPR1166.jpg
Another:​
GOPR1130.jpg
If you dont want to risk messing your board up you can send it to me.
Ill be starting a service soon

Faultyy

Faultyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tut, what kind of camera did you use to take that picture?

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
*WARNING* If you touch the little resistors that are next to the leds your board will not light up!!
You should maybe put a dab of hot glue or some electrical tape over those resistors (while you are properly grounded of course) to prevent them from being damaged. I am not sure if you mean not to touch them with your fingers, or with the soldering iron.​

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
Been looking around for a tut, thanks when I get the time and money i'll get the leds and post back.

DTAHoNDa447

DTAHoNDa447

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tut, what kind of camera did you use to take that picture?
Thanks, and yea its a go pro. They have a fish eye on them.
Been looking around for a tut, thanks when I get the time and money i'll get the leds and post back.
No prob :smile:
You should maybe put a dab of hot glue or some electrical tape over those resistors (while you are properly grounded of course) to prevent them from being damaged. I am not sure if you mean not to touch them with your fingers, or with the soldering iron.​
Yea with the soldering iron... i was thinking about putting tape, but then if you touch the tape itll melt to the resistor.. so i didnt want to do that haha.

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, and yea its a go pro. They have a fish eye on them.

No prob :smile:

Yea with the soldering iron... i was thinking about putting tape, but then if you touch the tape itll melt to the resistor.. so i didnt want to do that haha.
it will melt to the resistor and to the iron but it will also prevent you from shorting them or whatever.

DTAHoNDa447

DTAHoNDa447

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it will melt to the resistor and to the iron but it will also prevent you from shorting them or whatever.
yea. i actually put a little piece over each resistor on this board i did today. I didnt even touch the tape. its stressful doing these boards haha

C

Cean

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I was wondering which led was the error led I want to change the led color for the ring but leave the error led red. I already have the red led just need to know where it goes.

Nvm I turned the xbox on and it was apparent that the error led was on the right thanks for the info though. :smile:

Thanks

DTAHoNDa447

DTAHoNDa447

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I was wondering which led was the error led I want to change the led color for the ring but leave the error led red. I already have the red led just need to know where it goes.

Nvm I turned the xbox on and it was apparent that the error led was on the right thanks for the info though. :smile:

Thanks
You are welcome & Yea the error light is on the right side.

Top Bottom
Login
Register