VIDEO TUTORIAL - HOW TO BRIDGE HOST IN GEARS OF WAR 2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by TheIncredibleZ, Feb 9, 2009 with 50 replies and 15,619 views.

1. TheIncredibleZ

TheIncredibleZ Getting There

Ratings:
    In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to bridge host in Gears of War 2 (GoW2)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xuao5-Yx0[/ame]

If the picture is to fuzzy here is the direct download link -
    [Click here to view the link]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    THINGS YOU NEED:

1.) Two Computers
    2.) CAT-5 Cable (Ethernet Cable)
    3.) Windows Vista OS
    4.) Zone Alarm Pro - [Click here to view the link]
    5.) CommView - [Click here to view the link]

Before we start the steps, YOU MUST HAVE TWO COMPUTERS! The computer you are bridging on is your secondary computer and has a wireless card or USB network adapter, the other computer only has one purpose to supply the Internet connection, this is where your secondary computer and Xbox get an Internet connection from. Make sure your secondary computer has Windows Vista as its operating system. Now put one end of the CAT-5 cable (Ethernet cable) into the back of the Xbox and the other end into the back of your secondary computer, then proceed to the steps in the video!

STEPS FROM THE VIDEO:

Step One:
    Bridge your local area connection with your wireless network connection.

Step Two:
    Download and install Zone Alarm Pro then enter Xbox Live and Epic's IP address ranges.

Step Three:
    Go to [Click here to view the link] and obtain your IP address, then enter it into Zone Alarm.

Step Four:
    Download and install CommVeiw, this is used to gather your friends IP addresses. Once you obtain them enter them into Zone Alarm.

Step Five:
    Once you obtain all four of your party member's IP addresses, start the game then immediately move your Internet Zone Security slider from medium to high, count out 12 seconds then place the slider back to medium. During this process make sure your whole team can hear you, if someone can't then you're missing their IP address. If all steps were followed properly you will be host when a game is found.

If this video helped in any way please subscribe, rate, and comment.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Please include a written (text) tutorial.

Thank you.

3. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    There you go Nubble all done :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    Why would u use two computers when you can use one and why are you using vista, it can be on xp also. All these bridging tutorials are getting out of hand.
    TO YOUR EXAMPLE NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE TO BRIDGE THE second pc CONNECTION ON THE FIRST PC to the second, you have to then again bridge the second pc and xbox? Not to mention the second pc is suppost to get a wireless connection from the first?

Tutorial by NUbble is way more easier.
    This is Aich and I don't approve this message.

5. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    I'm using Vista because that's what came installed on my laptop. The first PC only gives the connection to the second PC all of the stuff shown in the tutorial is done on the second PC. It seems to me you don't fully understand the meaning of a bridge.

6. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    Whya re you using the first pc in the first place is my question, unless ur vista box cant get internet?? Makes no sense to go behind another pc, but w/e.

7. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    My first PC has the router/modem and is on the other side of the house. My laptop which is my second PC is connected wireless to my router/modem. Bridging is when you combine a wireless network with a local network=(Ethernet Port) so when you hook another device up to your Ethernet port via an Ethernet cable that device will then share the Internet connection with the PC....This is how your Xbox connects to live while bridging.

8. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    So, lol, you just said you dont use your first PC at all, it is just attached to your router, while ur vista pc is connected to your router. SO, your tutorial, which is nothing then NUbble's tutorial, needs not to say you need two computers.

9. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    Ok Nubble said this is getting out of hand so I'm gonna end it like this....... I made the video tutorial that way and wrote what I wrote because that's how I bridge host and I find it to be the easiest way. I'm sorry that my tutorial didn't help you, maybe it will help the next person that stumbles upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aCiD x FeaR

aCiD x FeaR Newbie

Ratings:
    u dont need commview to find ips.u can just use zone alarm pro to get them.

11. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    I know.....Again I made the tutorial to show the way I bridge host.

12. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    My tutorial will teach you how to do that too! :biggrin: lol

13. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    You may bridge like that but your only going to confuse people.
    Stating you NEED two pc's then you state you dont, its just on your LAN.

If Nubble said its out of hand then closed the thread.

14. NamesRUvRated

NamesRUvRated Newbie

Ratings:
    To bad I dont have two computers. Anyone want to lend? lol

15. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    Try all the steps I showed in the video on your computer......It might work, I'm not sure, I haven't tried on my main computer. Aich says it works..... If you try it and it works let me know and I'll take the part out where it says you need two computers.

16. VG05

VG05 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so im a noob big time, and need help.

I have zap...i know how to bridge the connections....i have 2 comps...one on other side of house and a laptop in my room by the 360. My 360 is wireless. I have ATT Uverse so theres an ethernet port in my room in the wall that connects directly to the main router. And my laptop is wireless. Where do I connect my 360 too once the connection is bridged?
    As in depth and noobish as you can go would be much appreciated

sorry.....360 is NOT wireless!

17. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    That's an easy question to answer :wink: Just hook your Xbox up to your laptop with an Ethernet cable, then if your connections are bridged when you turn on your Xbox it should connect to live.

18. VG05

VG05 Newbie

Ratings:

ok....well ive done what youve said. And i still cant connect to xbox live. Ive entered the IP ranges into zap for 360 and Epic just as you did in the vid. I entered mine in. All are trusted. My internet works...but i cant get live to connect.

19. OP
    TheIncredibleZ

Ratings:
    Did you bridge your connections? If you did absolutely everything in the video then when you turn on you Xbox test your connection and see if it passes then you should be able to connect.

20. VG05

VG05 Newbie

Ratings:
    yes ive bridged them. and for whatever reason 360 wont recognize the network