[Video + Text] Boosting Explained - How To

Discussion in 'Gears of War Boosting & Matches' started by ExpertAdviceMan, Sep 28, 2011 with 61 replies and 9,878 views.

1. ExpertAdviceMan

ExpertAdviceMan Getting There

Ratings:
    Updated
    Have added in text tutorial on how to Circle Boost with ONE bridger. (Video soon)

How To Circle Boost With ONE Bridger

How To Get A Bot Match

How To Circle Boost

Whenever I say to turn your Internet zone on high (Public in the newer version of ZoneAlarm, you want to make sure if you are using WIRELESS, you have Cain & Abel to "Poison" the connection while you do that!

What you will need:

Patience
    Computer
    Commview (not really needed)
    Cain & Abel (wireless bridge)
    ZoneAlarm PRO (Full version!)
    Gears Of War 3

Setting Up Your Bridge

Steps

1. Determine whether or not you want to use your Wireless laptop, or Wired desktop. I find my desktop much easier, since there are only a few feet from each other.

2. Buy a crossover cable (CAT5). You can buy these CHEAP at any store that sells computer parts.

3. Hook your crossover cable to your desktop/laptop. If you are using your desktop and it is also wired, you need an extra Ethernet card ($5-$20), just plug in that bad boy and you're ready to start.

4. Once you have your crossover cable in, you want to "bridge" the connections, or in other cases, ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). You want to go to you Network Connections on whatever Operating System you have and highlight both connections, right click, bridge connections. (Now I know Win7 or Vista might be a bit different, but here is how to..

Source: http://windows.micro...-network-bridge

5. Ok, now that you have your bridge setup, lets move on to programs. If you are using Wireless, you NEED [Click here to view the link] for Wired you need Commview 6.1. Now this is the MOST important program to use, which is ZoneAlarm® Pro Firewall 2012. Now depending on which Operating System you have, you could Google 7.0-9.0. Be sure to check ZoneAlarm® Pro Release History for which version is compatible with your OS.

6. Now you are ready to go. Get familiar with the programs. Cain & Abel is only used for your Wireless, while Commview is an AMAZING IP grabber, just click on Loopback Adapter or MAC Bridge Miniport, then press play. ZoneAlarm is an FANTASTIC Firewall. You can block certain IP addresses or even shut off your program/Internet access with a touch of a button.

Ranked Match

Steps

1. Setup your Commview and ZoneAlarm.

2. Grab Gears Of War's IP address and type them into ZoneAlarm.
    Now I went a little overzealous with this, I found every IP I could linked to GoW online.(I will research more about which IP's are actually needed)

IP
    65.55.42.52 (Xbox Live)

3. Turn your ZoneAlarm Internet Zone Security to high.

4. Start matchmaking. Whatever you prefer. Wait til it tells you "No suitable matches found". Then wait til it does it again, this time with 15-20 "quality matches".

5. Once you cannot find any matches after the 15-20, turn your Internet Zone Security down to medium.

6. When you start finding players, wait til you get a few matches. Anything less than 15-20. Once you do, immediately turn your Zone to high, then wait a few seconds, then back to medium. (I do this because you want to establish that you are the first one in and in charge of the "server")

7. Hopefully you will see matched players.

8. Wait til it counts down and attempts to join.

9. It will now throw you into a game with others within a lobby.

10. Lag switch, boot others out for a bot match(it will take a LONG time before they leave. Just turn on your Zone to high and leave it there, then turn it off when you get a host disconnection, then medium, high when you start your bot match, it will be a 1v1), or boost off your opponents.

Quick Match (Bots)

Steps

1. Start a quick match with whatever game type you prefer.

2. Hopefully you get thrown into a game (Don't worry)

3. When you are in the game, turn your Internet Zone on high and people are frozen. (Running into walls, continuously shooting)

4. Hopefully after waiting long enough, it will tell you, Game host has disconnected, Resuming new game with new host. Once that happens, a new game will start and you will see bots.

Boosting with 4 friends (Bot match)

Steps

1. Add your friends IP addresses as well as Xbox Live's in ZoneAlarm Pro

2. Turn you Internet Zone on high, make sure you can hear everyone and that they can hear you. If they lag out of the party, turn your Zone back to medium and fix their IP.

3. Start a quick match with whatever game type you prefer with your Zone on high.

4. In some cases, you will wait awhile and it will setup a bot match right away. Most of the time you will have to get inside of a game first before you can move on. If you cannot find any matches within less than 2-3 minutes. Turn your Internet zone back to medium and wait til you are thrown into a game.

5. When you are in the game, turn your Internet Zone on high and people are frozen. (Running into walls, continuously shooting)

6. Hopefully after waiting long enough, it will tell you, Finding new host. Once that happens, a new game will start and you will see bots and hopefully your friends. If your friends do not make it in, you can either try sending them an invite or try to get another bot match.

As I explained in the video, you can boost with bots in any match type you like. If you want to split XP between each player, one person can down a bot, while the other executes or finishes the bot off.

Circle Boosting

Steps

1. Be sure to have 2 bridgers. Make sure each bridger can host bot matches and has ZoneAlarm Pro.

2. Add everyone's IP address and Xbox Live's into the Trusted zone on ZoneAlarm. Turn your Internet zones on high, then do a mic check. Be sure everyone can hear you and you can hear them.

3. Bridger A, will start a lobby with 4 others while Bridger B sets up a lobby with 4 others.

4. Bridger A will now start a King Of The Hill quick OR ranked match with their Internet zone on high.

5. Once Bridger A cannot find any matches, tell Bridger B to turn their Internet zone on high and start the same type of match.

6. Hopefully after a bit of waiting, you will now see "Matched Players" that is Bridger's B team.

7. When your King Of The Hill game starts, have Team A capture the ring, while Team B stands next to it. As soon as Team A captures the ring, bail out and let Team B break it, then capture it. You can earn up to 50,000+ XP in one match.

King Of The Hill boosting is the best for XP when doing circle boosting, but you can do either game type. The choice is entirely up to you!

The OTHER easy way to Circle Boost is...

1. Have everyone go into 1 lobby. Then both bridgers will gather all IP addresses.

2. Decide who is on what team. Bridger A will then start a Quick Match of the game type for boosting. He/You will then create a bot match.

3. When they are in a bot match, they will invite the rest of their team.

4. Once everyone on Bridgers A team, Bridger B will then turn their Zone on high while searching for the match, with the team.

5. After a bit of patience, voila, you have now entered your Circle Boosting lobby.

Circle Boosting With ONE Bridger

Steps

1. Have your bridger create a bot match.

2. After creating a bot match, invite the rest of Team A.

3. Bridger will then leave, while everyone will get a Host Disconnection and will start a new game with bots, meanwhile Team A will invite their 5th person.

4. Bridger will now start Team B in a new lobby. Turn Public/Internet Zone on High with EVERY ONES IP (including Xbox Live) address and start the match.

5. After waiting you will get matched up :smile:

Be sure to listen to your bridgers. Without them, boosting would be difficult to do alone.
    If you are looking to become a Bridger, please go back to the Halo 2 section of Se7enSins and look for a how to.

Hope this helps some of you.
    Please don't flame or troll this thread, as it deters from the topic of boosting.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to post them. I am more than welcome to help you Sinners. [​IMG]

I do not condone you cheating, use at your own risk.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Dakoyta

Dakoyta Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks man helps alot! Glad for your patience and great detail!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    No, thank you. It's members like you who make me want to keep making valuable tutorials for other members. +Rep to you too! :smile:

4. ButterCup

ButterCup Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thnx man this helps me out alot... and also if ur ever boosting and need a good boost hmu GT:Over8ted

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Will do, but I do have 2 other threads for boosting. I have a list of Boosters, and my personal boosting thread, post on either one :smile:

Thanks for replying. +Rep :wink:

6. ButterCup

ButterCup Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thnx man! i posted on ur boosting form so yeaah!!!!

7. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Sounds good, I'll be boosting tomorrow.

Has this tutorial helped any others?

8. HOLYARM3n

HOLYARM3n The Priest

Ratings:
    Good Job man you Added a video nice +rep :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Haha, yes, everyone enjoys watching a video, since a written tutorial is not enough :tongue:

Thanks for replying +Rep to you!

10. Rubbers

Rubbers Senior Member

Ratings:
    +REP another way is you can make the bot lobby allow a few randoms in get a friend to add them and join in progress then lag them out.

Keep it up bro good looking.

11. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Lol yes, I find the easiest way to get your friends in, is have their IP under trusted, get the bot match, then invite them. Rather than trying to lag the others out :tongue:

Thanks man, I feel like we got off on the wrong foot before... Truce?

12. Rubbers

Rubbers Senior Member

Ratings:
    Sure Truce.

13. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Video added!

I have provided a short video on how much XP you can get... even after a long grudge match <_<

14. Public Static Void

Public Static Void Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you use Cain and Able instead of Zone Alarm?, Im having problems seeing as I have Avast Pro... Ive been having great luck getting into matches until tonight everything went to garbage

15. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    If you have a wireless bridge, you need Cain & Abel and ZoneAlarm. You need ZoneAlarm regardless. Once in a game, make sure you have Xbox Live IP address under trusted, "Poison" your connection using Cain & Abel, then turn your Internet Zone Security on high, and leave it there, instant bot match.

16. joeywierd24

joeywierd24 Newbie

Ratings:
    boosted with him earlier hes great ill rep u once i figure out how to do that

17. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Go to my first post, bottom right hand corner, "+" "-" Hit the green + :wink:
    Thanks man!

Edit: I have now added the easier way to Circle Boost. Enjoy!

18. Zim Envy

Zim Envy Newbie

Ratings:
    Version of ZoneAlarm and Commview?

19. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0
    Commview 5.0 Professional

20. OP
    ExpertAdviceMan

Ratings:
    Updated.
    I have added the video on how to get a bot match.
    I know a lot of you are having problems getting it.
    If you have any questions, be sure to check my signature for the FAQ! :smile: