• Thread starter HOBO POW3R
  • Start date
  • Views 660
H

HOBO POW3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I buy the Xecuter Connectivity Kit V3 Lite do i need to get the Via card or no because i have a lite-on and another drive.

Basicly can the kit be used in place of the Sata Card?

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait, if you are only flashing the LiteOn you don't need one. When you flash LiteOns it is better to plug the SATA Cable direct into the motherboard

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
Wait, if you are only flashing the LiteOn you don't need one. When you flash LiteOns it is better to plug the SATA Cable direct into the motherboard

Not always true, I think you're thinking of hitachi. You can flash hitachis with most chipsets, even a usb-sata adapter. LiteOns are one of the drives that NEED a VIA chipset

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Coletrain17 said:
Not always true, I think you're thinking of hitachi. You can flash hitachis with most chipsets, even a usb-sata adapter. LiteOns are one of the drives that NEED a VIA chipset
I'm sure you're wrong about this one man. I flash LiteOns using SATA ports on my MoBo all the time. When I use my VIA card, it freezes up.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
I'm sure you're wrong about this one man. I flash LiteOns using SATA ports on my MoBo all the time. When I use my VIA card, it freezes up.
Your mobo's chipset may be compatible thats why. Not all chipsets will take a 360 drive.
During lite-on flashing sometimes the VIA card does not like the command and freezes. Which is why they say to disable the drivers while doing it. I for one don't disable drivers because i never flash a lite-on in windows. I always use dosflash to flash lite-ons because i don't like having to unlock them if they freeze.

Top Bottom
Login
Register