What's new

Question Very Strange Boot Times With RGH 1.2 on Jasper

R

RedditerV1

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, so I was wondering if you could help me with one of these Jaspers using an Ace V3 chip. I got 8 phats so far that were done that produce less than 10 seconds for boot times after the first initial boot using the dynamic file (jasper_dyn2), but this one Jasper has got me stumped. It produces wildly inconsistent boot times. The wiring is the exact same as the other phats as well. Anyways, here are the results:

Test #1: 45 seconds
Test #2: 25 seconds
Test #3: Never
Test #4: 32 seconds
Test #5: 2 minutes 37 seconds
Test #6: 4 seconds
Test #7: 52 seconds

As you can see, the boot times are all over the place. I know most people use Coolrunners or Matrix chips for RGH 1.2, but clearly the Ace V3's are producing great boot times on the other consoles and I would like to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't find much information on it online. I used the RGH 1.2 + CR4 experience guide and it worked amazing on the other consoles, but this Jasper is a serious pain.

After shortening and changing two wires, the console boots every 25 seconds. However, the console must be turned on and off 3 - 4 times before it starts producing these boot times, but it stays as long as I don't unplug it because of the dynamic file. This console makes no sense. Do I just got a stubborn Jasper?

taga7a

taga7a

Reaction score
Sin$
Ace V3s are sensitive to chip placement on phat consoles. Try placing the modchip in different spots and avoid putting it near the AV/HDMI port. Hope this helps!

R

RedditerV1

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this, but unfortunately, it still doesn't change anything. The console continues to have very inconsistent boot times. I got it booting in 20 seconds average, but I have to turn it on and off 3 - 4 times before it boots. It's very weird. I tried R-JTOP, which gave me a 12 second boot time, but as soon as I assembled the console again, it wouldn't boot at all. It just glitched indefinitely.

Top Bottom
Login
Register