Solved Very specific Xbox 360 modding question

• Thread starter Jakelandry
  • Start date
  • Views 1,036
J

Jakelandry

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, I have been researching the past few days pretty extensively but all the terminology is still new to me so cut me some slack. I recently, after MUCH searching, obtained a xenon Xbox that had never been connected to the internet. This was huge to me because the “blades” dash holds extreme nostalgiac value to me. Well I spent all day yesterday cleaning it up, doing the uniclamp mod, dividing the fan shroud and installing aftermarket fans. Got everything going smoothly and started playing some games. I progressively stepped up through later releases to see at what point games would require me to update the dash because my main concern was that I did not want to update regardless what game needed it to run. I sourced this console purely to play early release games and for its dashboard. Well after much reading a few people online claimed that I could do title updates without updating the dash so I popped Skyrim in and let it do a quick 10 second update. The console was not connected to the internet and the update was literally like 10 seconds so I assumed it was just writing title files. As soon as the system rebooted I saw that I had lost the blades dash which was devastating. I originally intended to make an account here to source information as to how I could play newer games via rgh but I am now all the more interested. So long story short here are my unique questions:

1) Is there any form of rgh, Jtag, or any other exploit that will allow me to keep the original blades dashboard but play newer titles? Taking this a step further, is there one that will let me play “OEM” disks rather than iso’s? I collect video games and honestly like to purchase actual games rather than download them from the internet or play them from a hard drive.

2) Can my dash be rolled back? I have read that it blows the efuses when doing an official update, but does it if it comes from a game disk? This may sound foolish, but I feel like my system did not see an “official” update. The console updated in literal seconds and it did so from a game disk rather than via the internet.

I am already attempting to source another blades dash xbox but would be more than happy to invest the time and money reverting mine back if possible. I am even considering going so far as to purchase a dev. Kit to attempt to revert back to the old dash but I obviously need to do more research before pursuing that route.

Thank you in advance for any help and I look forward to becoming a part of the community.

Solution
Atlas
1) Is there any form of rgh, Jtag, or any other exploit that will allow me to keep the original blades dashboard but play newer titles?
I'm more than certain that both FreeStyleDash and Aurora both have skins for the original blades dash. (Example: skin for Freestyle: )
honestly like to purchase actual games
Even with an exploited console, the disk drive should still work and play retail games.
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
1) Is there any form of rgh, Jtag, or any other exploit that will allow me to keep the original blades dashboard but play newer titles?
I'm more than certain that both FreeStyleDash and Aurora both have skins for the original blades dash. (Example: skin for Freestyle: )
honestly like to purchase actual games
Even with an exploited console, the disk drive should still work and play retail games.

Solution
J

Jakelandry

Reaction score
Sin$
I appreciate your reply! I have looked into the reskin and think I will pursue it as a backup plan. For now I am going to continue to try and source another original dash console.

J

Jakelandry

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I would like to make my original question a little more clear. Can I add title updates to a modded Xbox without updating its firmware?

Top Bottom
Login
Register