What's new

News Verizon to kill grandfathered unlimited data plans for customers upgrading to LTE devices

• Thread starter Gung Ho Guns
  • Start date
  • Views 16,432
Destiny

Destiny

#ZxathCheated #NeverForget
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That's a bunch of garbage. Hopefully they'll wait until the end of the summer so my contract can run out!

Alle

Alle

Your Boy
Platinum Record Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I got an email.. thank god I upgraded not too long ago! Keeping unlimited LTE for the next 20 months :smile: using 6 gigs a month too :smile:

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that is very un called for Verizon should not do that. My grandfather and I have AT&T and he has unlimited data from the iPhone 2. He now has a LTE phone and is fine. I see verizon is get more greedy every day although I shouldn't say AT&T is much better.

SirSoloDolo

RageXicity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Verizon is a bunch of BS. But also long as you never "upgrade" your plan or phone you will be able to keep it. For now I'll be just purchasing phones off contract. That way I can leave VZW at a moments notice

MrImGeneric

MrImGeneric

Im more generic than walmart products
Reaction score
Sin$
The iphone 4S is 4G capable so it probably will be

MrImGeneric

MrImGeneric

Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely the next phone or second will be "5G".

Honestly i highly doubt that since AT&T isnt even gonna be done setting up 4G LTE til the end of 2013 of the beginning of 2014 and the current phone isnt even labled as an actual 4G phone just has the speeds

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly i highly doubt that since AT&T isnt even gonna be done setting up 4G LTE til the end of 2013 of the beginning of 2014 and the current phone isnt even labled as an actual 4G phone just has the speeds
I don't know. I just guess since about every two phones the generation gets bumped up one.

MrImGeneric

MrImGeneric

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know. I just guess since about every two phones the generation gets bumped up one.

Yeah i can understand where you think that but i used to work for AT&T which is the only reason i know any of this haha, but as far as i know theres no talk about 5G at all

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The iphone 4S is 4G capable so it probably will be
lol it is? since when? the update where they changed the H+ icon to a 4g one?

seriously no iphone is 4g capable, no lte = no 4g simple as that

ON-TOPIC:
when i want to upgrade im gonna leave verizon and buy off contract with the tmobile $30 walmart plan with voip calling via google voice

unlimited everything for $30 a month, i think yes

MrImGeneric

MrImGeneric

Reaction score
Sin$
lol it is? since when? the update where they changed the H+ icon to a 4g one?

seriously no iphone is 4g capable, no lte = no 4g simple as that

ON-TOPIC:
when i want to upgrade im gonna leave verizon and buy off contract with the tmobile $30 walmart plan with voip calling via google voice

unlimited everything for $30 a month, i think yes

The iphone 4S is 4G capable its not 4G LTE but it IS 4G speed capable

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
really, hspa+ isnt 4g, plus that only applies to the att iphone, the verizon one is only capable of 3g due to cdma limitations

like i said the iphone isnt 4g capable and it might be with the new one but as of right now, its only 3g and it always will be

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
AT&T lied.

Their iPhone's "4G" is only the HSPA+, which is a SLIGHTLY (not much) faster 3G. So you kinda get 3G and a half, if even xD.
The newest one SHOULD have 4G LTE.

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
i work for verizon as an indirect agent...the reason they are getting rid of it is to make room for their newer 4g lte phones and for their recently released "share everything" plan

Top Bottom
Login
Register