What's new

Solved Valve Games copied from Disk wont work?

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've copied Left 4 dead 2 and Portal 2 onto my RGH from disk and they both make my console turn off when i launch them. Is there a way to fix this? Especially the portal 2 game its my fav!! <3
Thanks

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Every game I copied using FSD worked fine on my RGH, hmmm.

Have you tried just copying and pasting the contents of the DVD to a folder in your game directory, leave out the $system update folder. Also look at the DVD folders and see if there is a "content" folder if there is you need to place whats in it in the correct folder in your content directory on your RGH Hdd.

You may have to download a backup copy.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I've copied Left 4 dead 2 and Portal 2 onto my RGH from disk and they both make my console turn off when i launch them. Is there a way to fix this? Especially the portal 2 game its my fav!! <3
Thanks
Try to install the games as you normally would, through NXE and then use NXEtoGOD, to convert them.

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If this dosn't work (it most likely will) use XeXMenu. FSD dvd extract can be buggy and not work at all. Some games for me just didn't work no matter what, like mass effect 2.
Every game I copied using FSD worked fine on my RGH, hmmm.

Have you tried just copying and pasting the contents of the DVD to a folder in your game directory, leave out the $system update folder. Also look at the DVD folders and see if there is a "content" folder if there is you need to place whats in it in the correct folder in your content directory on your RGH Hdd.

You may have to download a backup copy.

Fixed it by including the System Update bit with the check box. but thanks anyway. :smile:
but thanks anyway. :smile: and the nxetogod format wouldn't work.... it wouldn't find the game on the hdd... :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register