Utorrent still messed up!

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by tryingtomod2008, Dec 11, 2008 with 4 replies and 198 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    I know i posted about this once but im gonna try to explain more thourghly this time because it still wont work and i need to get it fixed.

I have forwarded ports to utorrent, restarted my comp, tryed forced start, updated tracker, moved out files in my doc. so there was room, tryed all new torrents and torrent sites and I still cant download anything. I get the red arrow right when i hit download. On the site, it says a red arrow is downloading but with a problem, but mine isnt even downloading. I even tryed uninstalling utorrent and reinstalling and trying new torrent applications.

Any one have any ideas?

2. Mandela

Mandela Getting There

Ratings:
    Have you tried checking your firewall.
    You should change the settings in your preferences under connection check the box the says "Add Windows Firewall Exception"
    Now go to your windows firewall and click allow a program through windows firewall and then click the exceptions tab and allow both udp and tcp from uttorent.
    Now You should go to your network connections and click properties on your main connection and if you have it go to the sharing tab. check the first box then click settings. under the settings add these things
    description of service for first: Utorrent tcp
    IP address add your pc's IP
    make external and internal ports the same as what you have them port forwarded as
    then click on the tcp button now click ok.
    add another
    description of service for second Utorrent udp
    IP address same as before
    for the ports again add what they are port forwarded too
    then click udp then click ok
    ok out of everything. restart your computer and then try and download a torrent.

3. OP
    tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    Alright i just set my firewall settings like you said and it still wont work. I had it working when i first downloaded it after i forwarded ports and everything and then itjust stopped.

But i went to my friends house and it didnt work there either.

4. DaVampireSpartan

DaVampireSpartan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Where are you downloading from? If it's from the same place then it might just be the site, if its from different places its your computers.

5. OP
    tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    Nope, all different places. But if its my computer what do i do to fix it? Because it did work at one time on my comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.