What's new

Tutorial Using UDP Unicorn to enter joinable empty lobbies.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, I have been using this tool in some way or another for some time now. It can get a bit of bad publicity but those people either lack the technical skills required to use it, or the patience to refine the art. I warn you now, if you have come to this thread from the glitches section, looking for me to mother you through this, you are in the wrong place.

So, its quite simple, you are gonna need either a laptop, or, a PC running windows that is close enough to your PS4 or Xbox to be able to operate both at once. once you're there, you're gonna look for a download of the Program UDP Unicorn. Use your brain, look for proper sources and URLs, don't just download the first one you see and for the sake of all that is holy, run a virus scan on anything you download before running it.

Well, here we are, you have your faithful testicle warmer in your lap, UDP is installed but, what now? Let's look at my set up below, and, copy that.
ptd7liI.png

Set your targett to "27.27.27.27", regardless of console. I have seen so many people hit the wall here trying to set their console IP as their target, this will not work.

For your port, you are going to need to select either PSN or Xbox Live. Don't worry if you are on PS4 and it says PS3 in brackets afterwaards, the ports are the same.

jZW5DR2.png
After that, were going to set everything else to 1. Everything as you see above, nothing fancy. The only change you should need to make is the port depending on your platform.

So, before you hit that attack button, lets get the game itself set up. I tend to allow the game to load then join an online session using the start menu. Once I am in a public session, I will go ahead and return to the start menu and find another session. As soon as I hit OK, I start my attack.

While you are loading, it is important to keep moving either a trigger or another button on your controller. You may find that you can continuously attack and eventually load into a full session, but, more times than not, you will receive some kind of notification telling you there was a network error. So, with that in mind, I attack in rough five second intervals while I am loading in the clouds. this combined with the movement of the controller keeps the game loading until such a point that it just puts you in a lobby by yourself.

You won't need to worry about having a wired connection. It'll work wirelessly.

Loading can take up to five minutes and you likely will not get it to work the first time but if you have the patience and ability, you will have a session that you can do all your CEO or Biker work in, with friends able to join, any time you please. Just like I have done for months.

Enjoy.
There seem to be some networking-related misunderstandings in this thread.

27.27.27.27 is some arbitrary IP in China, it doesn't do anything beyond what entering any external IP would do (flood your outbound connection with UDP packets, which causes GTA Online packets to be lost). You could enter 69.69.69.69 and get the exact same result. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just spreading myths and misinformation and understands nothing about what's actually happening when you do this.

Setting your IP as the console's local IP works to do this without choking out your entire internet connection for anyone else who may be on it (as the UDP traffic goes computer→router→console without disrupting other devices) if your computer's network throughput isn't drastically lower than your console's (ex. computer on 802.11g WiFi and console connected through cat5+ ethernet).

Also, if you have the rates set right (may require a little experimentation, too much and you disconnect from GTA Online because you drop too many packets), you can just do it in any public lobby and it'll drop all the other players (from your perspective) after 15ish seconds, without needing to find a new session and wait in the long cloud loading screens.

For what it's worth, my current setup doesn't allow me router access, so I use UDP Unicorn (although you can use any UDP flooder to achieve the same result) set at my console's local IP (192.168.1.XXX), port 6672 (the main GTA:O port), and 32KB packets. I just start flooding while in a public session, wait until I drop into my own session, and stop. Works perfectly.

Last edited:
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
UPD Unicorn works a treat with this sort of stuff, been using it since MW2.

Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I should've read it, thank you.
I will use this once I complete my build and buy a GPU to power GTA V. i3-6100's onboard gfx (IMO, won't work) won't power GTA V.
Never used it for PC, but I am sure TIA is writing this for Consoles.

EDIT : Tell a lie, it will. It does your internet in, not your machine. :smile:

A

aizwootler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There seem to be some networking-related misunderstandings in this thread.

27.27.27.27 is some arbitrary IP in China, it doesn't do anything beyond what entering any external IP would do (flood your outbound connection with UDP packets, which causes GTA Online packets to be lost). You could enter 69.69.69.69 and get the exact same result. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just spreading myths and misinformation and understands nothing about what's actually happening when you do this.

Setting your IP as the console's local IP works to do this without choking out your entire internet connection for anyone else who may be on it (as the UDP traffic goes computer→router→console without disrupting other devices) if your computer's network throughput isn't drastically lower than your console's (ex. computer on 802.11g WiFi and console connected through cat5+ ethernet).

Also, if you have the rates set right (may require a little experimentation, too much and you disconnect from GTA Online because you drop too many packets), you can just do it in any public lobby and it'll drop all the other players (from your perspective) after 15ish seconds, without needing to find a new session and wait in the long cloud loading screens.

For what it's worth, my current setup doesn't allow me router access, so I use UDP Unicorn (although you can use any UDP flooder to achieve the same result) set at my console's local IP (192.168.1.XXX), port 6672 (the main GTA:O port), and 32KB packets. I just start flooding while in a public session, wait until I drop into my own session, and stop. Works perfectly.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the info A aizwootler , I hope you don't mind but I have added your post to the original post of this thread and will edit 'my' method to include what you have told me, thanks. I'll be sure to let you know when I've done the edit :smile:

Zlad

Zlad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Great thread, has been required for years! Still works great on xb1. I use Unicorn frequently :biggrin:

Great post too A aizwootler !

What's up with the douchebags who infiltrate MY solo lobbies on xb1 and then try vote me out of it!?!?! :what:

I just politely inform them over the mic that they are halfwits if they really want but can't get their own solo lobby. I can get one in 5 seconds flat. I'll return the kick vote(s) then countdown from 5 over the mic while I fire up unicorn and watch them drop like flies :tongue:

Trick is definitely honing your settings so it's just enough to drop everyone but yourself from the lobby. A bit of trial and error at first but well worth the journey. I also occasionally use my home-made lag switch that I made back in the 360 glitching days. Works just as well if you isolate it between something and the sexbox. Like a router or switch. Pulling the ethernet plug for 5ish seconds works too - has to be something between your xbox and modem (router/switch). I much prefer unicorn over the cluster of wires. Works with wifi, brilliant! Using aiz's techniques as well makes life sooooooo much easier.

N

NotCharlez

Reaction score
Sin$
When you say that you attack in rough 5 second intervals, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that there is a 5 second gap between your attacks? If so, how long are your attacks? Or are your attacks 5 seconds long? I've been trying to get in a private session for so long and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

M

mrgreaper

Reaction score
Sin$
I can get them to leave and be in a solo public session but its not long after i stop the "attack" that they start returning. If i keep the attack up i just get kicked from the network.

Top Bottom
Login
Register