• Thread starter saxjonz
  • Start date
  • Views 2,512
S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a bunch of games that I would like to back up to my drive in case the games get messed up. I looked on the readme of the xbox back up creator and saw hitachi DL10N and just ordered one. The one I got, however, is a newer version that I haven't been able to find any info on. I am not looking to use this in a game, I don't even have that version of xbox to use in. Just trying to get it to work as an external drive for ripping purposes. What do I need to do in order to rip games using this drive?
Thanks for any responses.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a bunch of games that I would like to back up to my drive in case the games get messed up. I looked on the readme of the xbox back up creator and saw hitachi DL10N and just ordered one. The one I got, however, is a newer version that I haven't been able to find any info on. I am not looking to use this in a game, I don't even have that version of xbox to use in. Just trying to get it to work as an external drive for ripping purposes. What do I need to do in order to rip games using this drive?
Thanks for any responses.
X360usb Pro V2.

Or You Could Of Gotten A Benq / Lite On Drive From A Xbox 360 And Write 0800 CFW To Rip Games.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I forgot to mention that I have the usb v2. I didn't see that firmware to flash. I have a fat liteon drive I can flash to that firmware, I'll just have to find that. Thank you for your help.

X360usb Pro V2.

Or You Could Of Gotten A Benq / Lite On Drive From A Xbox 360 And Write 0800 CFW To Rip Games.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
U Dont even need to flash anything .
With your usbprov2 ypu can just plug in an xbox drive and put the game in and rip it . You'll notice windows asigns the drive a letter .

AWTalklol

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
U Dont even need to flash anything .
With your usbprov2 ypu can just plug in an xbox drive and put the game in and rip it . You'll notice windows asigns the drive a letter .
Yes but in order to do so 0800 has to be on the drive, or else it cannot open the game partition on disk.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That’s exactly right! What do I need to do to mod this drive. Does that board they sell to unlock it work for this drive? (The LTU2 chip? And I looked in my flash folder, didn’t see the 0800 firmware listed)

AWTalklol

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That’s exactly right! What do I need to do to mod this drive. Does that board they sell to unlock it work for this drive? (The LTU2 chip? And I looked in my flash folder, didn’t see the 0800 firmware listed)
Thats the thing C4eva never finished and relesed the firmware for those drives, I would just dump the liteon you have if you need it, and flash 0800 to it.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats the thing C4eva never finished and relesed the firmware for those drives, I would just dump the liteon you have if you need it, and flash 0800 to it.
Thanks. I’ve been trying to find where I could download the 0800 firmware. Any ideas, I can use a phat liteon drive no problem. I just thought I could flash the newer hitachi. No wonder no one likes the drive.

AWTalklol

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. I’ve been trying to find where I could download the 0800 firmware. Any ideas, I can use a phat liteon drive no problem. I just thought I could flash the newer hitachi. No wonder no one likes the drive.
<link removed temporarily>
Here you go , link to my google drive, alls you have to do is erase the drive if you dont want the key on board, and write this to it, restart your pc after and windows should assign a drive letter. Benq and Liteon are in this pack.
Just click the popout arrow above.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here you go , link to my google drive, alls you have to do is erase the drive if you dont want the key on board, and write this to it, restart your pc after and windows should assign a drive letter. Benq and Liteon are in this pack.
Dude, thanks! I will do this as soon as I get home tonight.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes but in order to do so 0800 has to be on the drive, or else it cannot open the game partition on disk.

Maybe my memory is deceiving me but I remember using usbprov2 and stock drive to rip games without 0800. That was one of the cool features of the v2.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried and tried. Hit or miss. For some reason the program I used didn’t seem to work. Maybe I needed the key. Either way I don’t have and could not get the key for the hitachi from JF. I noticed they sell an LTU2 chip to unlock drive. There’s a place for serial on Xbox backup program and I was running jungleflasher. Got it to recognize drive but could not get past that main menu. I guess that is what 0800’s job is for? At any rate I couldn’t even get my liteon to do it either and I put the key in for that as well. I get it recognize drive and see files, none of which add up past 2gigs so... I will give it a crack later. Will keep you posted.
Maybe my memory is deceiving me but I remember using usbprov2 and stock drive to rip games without 0800. That was one of the cool features of the v2.

AWTalklol

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried and tried. Hit or miss. For some reason the program I used didn’t seem to work. Maybe I needed the key. Either way I don’t have and could not get the key for the hitachi from JF. I noticed they sell an LTU2 chip to unlock drive. There’s a place for serial on Xbox backup program and I was running jungleflasher. Got it to recognize drive but could not get past that main menu. I guess that is what 0800’s job is for? At any rate I couldn’t even get my liteon to do it either and I put the key in for that as well. I get it recognize drive and see files, none of which add up past 2gigs so... I will give it a crack later. Will keep you posted.
Download xbox backup creator, then click game partition under on of the tabs then click read game, it will dump it for you from there.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just use one of your other drives, your usbprov2 , and xbox back up creator. Just refreshed my memory on it and made a little clip of it.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is the program that I tried to use. It just wouldn't highlight the parts that I needed.
Are you running windows xp or 7? I have 64bit windows 7 os on my computer. I selected the drive but I could never get that section to highlight.
Going to look at it again. I have a virus on my laptop that I am trying to take care of I may have to completely reinstall windows.

<link removed temporarily>
I missed your link trying to get this laptop up and going again. saxjonz at gmail is where you could link me.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok. I saw another video and you guys are right. Don't need to flash the drive and either or should work. I got a virus on my computer so I didn't want to grab your link AWTalklol AWTalklol and I have been going through a bit of an effort to find a copy that works with my laptop so I just ordered a copy online, should have backed up my drive, rookie error.
Hopefully it works but maybe the software I loaded up on my computer was missing something. I tried both drives and did it a million times and ways to sunday and it just wouldn't work for me. If you could link me to the backup creator that you used again I will save it to my drive. Peace
In case it's not the program maybe its the 64 bit os that doesn't play well. I have an older PC I need to get back up and going that I could use and it has win xp on it so maybe it will work better than win7

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AWTalklol AWTalklol
Hey man, could you link me to that xbox backup creator program you have? I just reinstalled my windows fresh again and I can't get this program to work at all now. I'm thinking it wasn't working right before maybe. Pleassssseeee. Thanks

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Check and make sure you can read the drive in j.f. first .also be sure it's the latest version .

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register