UserSettings File only two button used but tons of commands.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Vysse, Feb 4, 2010 with 176 replies and 7,655 views.

1. Vysse

Vysse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So I am still working some bugs out but this mostly works.

Basically you hold up on the dpad for one set and right shoulder for the other. Credits go to ZyGoMaTiC (for making the usersettings file..several times), tick72 (for various help and feedback as well as making one of my files for me), and w0lfschild (for providing a usersettings files that taught me how to make aliases).

OK GUYS NEW FILE ON HERE IT IS A CUSTOM GAME I MADE LOADS OF FUN. Game is called Last Stand. Low Gravity high bounce back survivors only go down once before black and white but when they get back up they have 1000 health. Enjoy and please comment.

Also if anyone wants to donate so I can get Valhalla and release more saves my paypal is vysse_enzo@yahoo.com

New save with new commands by request god mode has been added I got picking up and dropping working. Please if you guys think anything should be added let me know. Pleas also realize that when you make these suggestions do not think selfishly this is a save file that has most everything that most everyone wants. Please enjpy give thanks and if you want to see more of these donate to my Valhalla efforts.

Here are the commands:

While Holding up:
    A Button: Gives defib, medpack, adrenaline, pills, boomer bile, pipe bomb, molotov, explosive ammo, and incendiary ammo.

B Button: Warps farthest players

X Button: Gives melee weapons.

Y Button: Gives all guns including css guns.

Left Shoulder: Infinite ammo toggle on/off.

Right Analog Stick: Change name to Valve Dev

BACK: No Clip

Left Trigger: Gives a first aid kit.

Right Trigger: Gives gnome, fireworks, gas can, propane tank, and an oxygen tank.

While Holding Right Shoulder:

A Button: Spawn Tank

B Button: Spawn Witch

X Button: Spawn Boomer

Y Button: Spawn Hunter

Left Shoulder: Spawn Smoker

Right Analog Stick: Spawn Charger

BACK: Spawn Mob

Left Trigger: Spawn Jockey

Right Trigger: Spawn Spitter

While Holding in Left Analog Stick:

A Button: Pick up objects/players

B Button: Drop objects/players that have been picked up.

X Button: Create a bumper car with pole.

Y Button: Create a GIANT ferris wheel.

Left Shoulder: Delete players/objects

Right Analog Stick: Turn on 3 second respawn for infected in versus

BACK: Turns off 3 second respawn for infected in versus

Left Trigger: Spawns the peanut guy...

Right Trigger: Toggle god mode

Left on Dpad: Create moustachio

• Like Like x 25
  2. bootleggking

bootleggking Newbie

Ratings:
    i just answered ur question on my thread... to sleepy to type it all out again

• Like Like x 1
  3. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah my color thing didn't work although Im like %99 sure its ent_fire !picker color x+x+x

also did you take my spawn white car command... because yeah that was from l4d1 and it obviously aint in l4d2. Not that error signs aren't fun especially if you put them in the sky box... :smile:

I did find a list of about 50-100 l4d2 props! which I am very excited to start testing. :w00t:

4. ELiiTE x FrOoDy

ELiiTE x FrOoDy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey Colour Code Right Here :thumbup:
    ent_fire !self color 255+0+0;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 255+150+0;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 255+255+0;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 0+255+0;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 0+255+255;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 0+0+255;wait 20;ent_fire !self color 128+0+128;wait 20;rnb;impulse 101;wait 1;inf" Thank If Ya Wanna :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im assuming i could change self to !picker for others...

• Like Like x 1
  6. tick72

tick72 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    WOW .. vyssee thank you sooo much, i used yours to figure out the alias thing.. i tryed wolfs but it wasnt realy right.. close, but vyssee got me there.. got my alias working 100% now:thumbup:

7. Cameronie

Cameronie Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks. I had already grasped the concept of aliases, but just by looking at your save I figured out the aliases where you hold buttons down. Not that I haven't seen that save before, but I just realized what the +surv and the -surv means.

Why didn't anyone explain this before!!!!!

the buttons/actions with a + infront of it are things that happen when your holding down that button! i.e. holding a button to shoot is +attack.
    and then when you release the button then it turns into a - to send the signal to the game that your no longer holding the button.
    which is why you bind "-surv" to the "restore" so when you release the button it goes back to normal.

I think the community needs to put together a "L4D2 Modding for Dummies" guide. Cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't realize that.... i hope...

• Like Like x 2
  8. tick72

tick72 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i know, for reals man.. that what i needed too.. lets hug:huh:

9. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:

Well I could try doin that, I would just re-make my alias making thread
    add in some info on how it actually works when it's made
    and include with it some more stuff like links to:

prop list
    cvar list
    some working US

Only thing is every time I make something it seems like most people are confused by it rather than helped (but a few get it and then perfect my ways just like Vysse did with this thread):smile:

10. ELiiTE x FrOoDy

Ratings:
    I Think So I Havent Tried.Did you add the proper colour one to your save ?

11. chimmychenka

chimmychenka Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Works perfectly online - Thanks :biggrin:

No godmode though ;(

12. I Love Bacon

I Love Bacon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Z0MG No god mode crap owell good job, is it the last stand one of the normal usersettings?

13. xkingthugx

xkingthugx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    bind toggle "STICK1" God

that turns godmode on and off

14. ELiiTE x FrOoDy

Ratings:
    Ya Mean bindToggle "STICK1" "God" ?

15. OP
    Vysse

Vysse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you color worked just the binding didnt work for it.. i tried your color thing and it worked perfectly...

16. Cameronie

Cameronie Newbie

Ratings:
    I was wondering about Aliased Controller Setups inside of another Aliased Controller Setup.

kinda modifying Vysse's code to get my question across....
    he has, bind "R_SHOULDER" "+infe" so that when he holds down RB, then he can press any other button for his mods. and then when He releases it alias "-infe" "restore" puts it back to normal.
    But what if I wanted one of those buttons to be another alias set up too. within the "+infe" setup?
    Say I wanted, bind "L_SHOULDER" "+infe2" but since it's within the original "+infe" set up it only works while RB is already held down. So I hold RB down and then I also hold LB down to bring up another modded control setup.

I'm pretty sure it will work. But I'm not sure what to bind the "-infe2" to.... would I bind it to "restore" or "+infe" or just not even list "-infe2" as binded to anything?

right now i'm guessing that if I don't list "-infe2" (or if i even bind "-infe2" to "+infe"?) then when I release the LB (while the RB is still being held down) then it will just go back to the "+infe" setup??? and then when I release RB it goes back to "restore"...... but what would happen if I happened to release the RB before i released the LB??????

17. Sorox

Sorox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So is there god mode?

18. Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks for stealing my code? Really?

19. OP
    Vysse

Vysse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i wouldnt worry people are idiots and can't figure stuff out on their own

20. tick72

tick72 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    damn no the have everything:S.... but no.. you see what im saying? its just color , who cares.. inless your in 3rd person , u cant even see yourself change colors.. i know, i would rather know how to do the alias thing, then the self color change
    sorry.. not trying to be rude, just making my point:mellow: