Snowshredder34

Snowshredder34

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 3 Modding TUT

-Modding User Maps-

_____________Hardware Needed_____________________

*(any means of getting information off your HDD. Below are links to popular devices)
*XSATA* XB360 XSATA - Codejunkies US
*XPORT* XB360 Xport - Codejunkies US
*Microsoft Transfer Kit (free)* http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/hal...03418-free-xbox-transfer-cable-microsoft.html

______________Programs Needed________________________

*Modders Arsenal AIO by nickthepick* http://www.apocalyptic-films.info/MA... Arsenal.rar
*Forge 2.3 by supermodder911* Forge_2.3.rar - FileFront.com

Start up Halo3. When you get to the main menu, select forge. Select the map you wish to mod. I will be using the map The Pit for an example throughout the tutorial. Once the map the pit has loaded, start forge. You should see the loading screen with your gamertag. Once you are able to move around....

1) Go into Forge mode.

2) Select something simple on the objects menu such as a fusion coil. Place the fusion coil anywhere you like.

3) Once you are satisfied with the placement of your fusion coil you must save as new map. Save the map as something you will remember, such as “the pit mod”. Save the map and exit the game (do not save the map twice). When you are in the forge lobby check under your maps and make sure your saved map is there. After confirming your map is saved turn off your xbox and ready your computer.

4) I am using the free Microsoft Transfer Kit (see above) for modding. So for me you have to disconect your HDD from your 360, then plug it into the Datel Transfer Kit and into the computer via usb. (For people using XSATA or XPORT please consult your manuel for connecting your HDD to your computer. If you have any difficulties post a comment at the bottom of the thread). Anyway, connect your HDD to your computer using your XSATA, XPORT, Datel Transfer Cable, etc.

5) Open up Modders Arsenal AIO.

6) Click Detect then Xplorer 360

7) At the top right click Drive then Open then Hardrive or Memcard.

8) Just wait for about 3-5 seconds and you should see the contents of your hard-drive.

9) Click the folder called Partition 3. Then click the folder called Content.

10) Now, the folder(s) you see are your xbox profiles. If you have alot of profiles, you will have alot of folders. There is no way of knowing which folder is which without looking at the contents. So if you forged the map on your main profile (the one you do the most gaming on) that folder will have the most files in it. Do Not Touch the folder with the zeros. Anyway, locate your profile folder in which you forged the map in.

11) Now you should see all of your files for every game you have played on that profile. There should be two Halo3 folders. The one that has all your Halo3 files should begin with 4D and ends with E6. Click that folder, then click the next folder called 00000000001.

12) You should now see all of you Halo3 saves which will include maps, films, gametypes, and screenshots. Now click the collum at the top called Date Modified to order all your saves in order from oldest to newest. Your map should be at the bottom. To check if its the right one, look to see if its a usermap file and look at the time/date it was created. Now that you have found the map you will mod, drag the map to you desktop. You should see a progress bar appear saying dumping file.

13) Once the usermap file is on you desktop, minimize xplorer 360 and open up Forge 2.3. Forge 2.3 is a program created by supermodder911 which allows you to change the name, mod the map, change coordinates, and more, without the need for hex-editing. Once you have Forge2.3 loaded, click file then open. Now choose the usermap you extracted from your HDD,and open it.
14) This is where you do the actual modding of the user-map. Look at the name to confirm this is the map you made. Also check to see if its the right map by looking at the .map name.

15) Now the left collum is what is currently on the map. There will be 5 catagories (bloc, equip, scen, vehi, weap). The fusion coil that you placed earlier will be in the bloc catagorie. Click the word bloc, then look for and click the tag objects/gear/human/military/fusion coil/fusion_coil. Notice how the tag has the name of the object in the wording. This is how you identify each tag.

16) Now you should see in the middle of the screen a white drop-bar with your fusion coil tag inside. To the left of that bar you will see another white drop-bar with the catagorie that that tag belongs in. Fusion coils are in the bloc tag so you will see the word bloc. Click the down arrow next to the word bloc. The drop-bar will expand to display every catagorie that is on the map. In this TUT we are going to swap the fusion coil for a pelican. So scroll down in the drop-bar until you see the scen tag. Click it.

17) Once you have clicked the scen catagorie, the drop-bar will minimize, and the fusion coil words should vanish. Now click the drop-bar where the fusion coil tag was. You will see everything in the scen catagorie. Scroll down to the bottom until you see the tag objects/vehicles/pelican/pelican_parked/pelican_parked/. As you might have guesed, this tag will spawn a parked pelican from outside the map. Click the pelican tag.

18) That should be it. If you did it correctly there should be the pelican tag in the drop –bar. Now at the top press tools then resign all. Done.

19) Close out of forge2.3. Look on your desktop for the usermap that you just modded. Once you found it, drag the file back into you xplorer360 folder. It should ask you if you wish to overwrite the file. Say yes. A window should pop up saying injecting file with a progress bar. When its finished, your map will be in your hardrive, waiting for you to play on it.

20) Unplug your hardrive from your XSATA or XPORT or Datel Transfer Kit or etc. Now place your hardrive back into your 360. Turn on your xbox360 and wait. You may see a message on your xbox explaining its having problems with a scratched disk or hardrive problems. Just hit ok and dont worry about it. Now load Halo 3, go to forge, and look for your map. If you didn't alter the name with forge2.3, it should say "The Pit mod". Load the map and start game. If you did it correctly you should have a pelican instead of the fusion coil.

If any problems leave a post and ill try to help. If you are an uber-noob than I can help you on teamveiwer. :biggrin:

Note: I would have had alot of pretty pictures but se7ensins didn't allow the file size sorry :frown: :smile:

Please dont flame if I did sumting wrong or if you dont like it. I needed help when I started modding and I just wanted to return the favor. If you need help I can assist you over AIM or Teamviewer or Private Chat. My gt is Snowshredder34 and my aim tag is snowshredder3434. Good Luck :smile:

U

unleashedbeast

Reaction score
Sin$
i downloaded both forge 2.3 and modders arsenal as .rar files. Got winrar and extracted them, but when i go to open the exe. it says it cant start because the application configuration is incorrect. Someone said to download the newest version of microsoft.net framework. Will this do it?

Snowshredder34

Snowshredder34

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The application you click on must be in the same folder as the other files. When you open it in WinRar there will be many files. Extract ALL of them in the SAME folder. Then open the folder and click on it from there. Understand? :smile: Its kinda hard to explain.

:? ?Some one PM me on why there isnt a nominate button. Anyone know how put a nominate button? :?

U

unleashedbeast

Reaction score
Sin$
features?

ok i got everything working good, i sent away for the free data migration kit, but in the meantime, you think one of you guys can tell me what you can do with this forge 2.3? can you mod weapons and what they shoot? just any cool features you could tell me about would be awesome.

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: features?

unleashedbeast said:
ok i got everything working good, i sent away for the free data migration kit, but in the meantime, you think one of you guys can tell me what you can do with this forge 2.3? can you mod weapons and what they shoot? just any cool features you could tell me about would be awesome.

Look in the H3 modding programs section, its forge 2.5 now it has a film editor.

You cant mod wepons or projectiles

P

poof all

Reaction score
Sin$
umm i oepn up explorer go to patrition 3 and duble click it....it never opens and i hav my transfer kit connected to my hardrive i folowed every step but nothing is found in patritrition 3

Snowshredder34

Snowshredder34

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
poof all said:
umm i oepn up explorer go to patrition 3 and duble click it....it never opens and i hav my transfer kit connected to my hardrive i folowed every step but nothing is found in patritrition 3
that could be anything from the program is defective, your hardrive isn't connected or otherwise, your transfer cord is broken, etc. I would devote some time to trouble shoot.:?

:?

V

viper ace7hm

Reaction score
Sin$
hi snowshredder34 i have xport and when ever i open up explolorer360 and go to hard drive or mem card it always says could not fine fatx drive to open how can i get my hard drive to work on explolorer please help:mellow:

Snowshredder34

Snowshredder34

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea mine sumtimes does that. I unplug it then replug it back. Make sure everything is in tight. If your positive the usb port you are using works, everything is corectly and secured, then it could possibly mean you recieved a defective cable. Bummmmmerr:smile:

I

imlose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when i try to drag the modded user map back to xport, it just gives me a circle with a cross through it, it wont let me put it back it.. how do i do it?

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
imlose said:
when i try to drag the modded user map back to xport, it just gives me a circle with a cross through it, it wont let me put it back it.. how do i do it?

Try injecting it, or use xplorer

H

HuNtiN D33R

Reaction score
Sin$
THE LINK IS DEAD THE LINK IS DEAD THE LINK IS DEAD THE LINK IS DEAD THE LINK IS DEAD THE LINK IS DEAD

Where i get the CODES for Maps to add like stuff such as pelciens or anything not Sopossed to be on there Where i get it Please tell me.

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this, and nothing on the map got modded. I followed everything to the exact detail, and nothing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register