What's new

Discussion Urban life ( in its final steps, WILL BE UPLOADED TOMMOROW)

L

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
So I told you guys about a month and a half ago i was working on A 16 player fully explorable city, my duck run maps were good but since ahp mods have come to pass, we are going to start seeing BIGGER MAPS! Tons of great playable maps, even if the community as a whole doesnt jump on this bandwagon I WILL and you guys will love it! I plan on introducing the first of MANY GIANT MAPS that will look play and feel like REAL HALO REACH MAPS! No more SLIDE MAPS and this may mean FEWER DUCK RUN maps as i will more then likely make fully playable asethic maps that look and feel great while keeping everyone at equal footing. All new maps are best played with 16 players as they are well, massive to say the least and the first installment will be URBAN LIFE. All thats left are spawning, which will be available for All if not most gametypes. The map is set in an urban city, skyscrapers and building bridging are a few of the best features, but what im proud of most is the attention to detail such as A BUILT IN CITY ROAD, INSIDE WALKABLE BUILDINGS, ALTERING PATHS, ACCESSIBILITY TO ALL INSIDE BUILDINGS ( note some buildings only include first level experience due to budget constraints )FULLY DETAILED BUILDINGS (including, window frames, doors, and outside details ) The road in urban life is made to look like an actual road ( not to be confused with with a path or duck run standards ) meaning you are not constrained to sticking to the road.

Tips for teams and a few helpful strategies.

RED team: You will spawn inside a house, when you exit you have several choices, if you go straight out and in between the two buildings you will see a rocket hog ( your best chance is the rocket hog because blue team spawns
ahead of you in the adjacent building) or you can spawn and go right which you will see some mongoose that you can explore, if you go right you will hit a building that has weapon loadouts and a mancannon to propel you to the top of the building adjacent and a ghost, if you go left instead when you spawn you will eventually hit blue base for a direct attack but will have no other options for you so it would be standard weapons.

Blue Team: you will spawn inside a 3 story building at the bottom, if you go to the start of the base and turn around you can access the second floor, then 3rd floor and an elevator that takes you to the roof, from here you have a birdseye perspective of the area if you continue you will see a rocket launcher at the front of the tunnel that will lead you onto the adjacent roof, you can stay there or mancannon onto the next roof which places you right at the red span of course by the time you get there if red team is smart they will be gone by then, you can continue on from roof to roof until you come to the area with a ghost and other weaponary, You will have some advantages but red team is closer to the loadouts so it balances. OR when you spawn you can go straight which will bring you to some mongoose and straight shoot it to the ghost, Or if you go diagonally right after spawn you will go between to buildings to get the rocket hog, of course red team can do the same thing with equal oppertunity so be aware, OR finally you can TAke a right and go straight to red team with only standard weaponry.

Each team has EQUAL OPPORTUNITY just different paths.

Of course invasion or any other gametypes will follow similar but more spread out options.
Race and rocket race will follow the road, but of course you have altering paths.

THIS WILL BE THE DEFINITIVE CITY MAP!
URBAN LIFE: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16957279&player=lordcrusnik1986

URBAN LIFE SLAYER: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16957666&player=lordcrusnik1986

URBAN LIFE ROCKET HOG: (RED AND BLUE TEAM ONLY) http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16957464&player=lordcrusnik1986

URBAN LIFE SWAT: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16957386&player=lordcrusnik1986

I forgot to mention, that teleporters outside of of housing, are set to alpha so each time you go through it will spawn you to another location within the city limits, I havent fully tested it on 16 players so it could go 2 ways people could use them to get out of a sticky situation or they could abuse them and keep randomly generating locations to avoid danger, although this could be an issue, i dont see it impacting it by much with 16 players someone would be bound to kill them. I may just chalk it up to a legit strategy, seeing as how it may impact infection some but nothing else.

Teleporters with builings however will teleport you to another building but they are set on bravo and charlie so it only takes you to 2 possible locations per port.

urbanlife2.jpg

urbanlife3.jpg

urbanlife4.jpg

urbanlife5.jpg

urbanlife1.jpg

L

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
JUST RELEASED ENJOY

D

darkcrash

I are hax
Reaction score
Looks nice I will download this and play on it later today. Thanks!

Top Bottom