• Thread starter ToxicV3
  • Start date
  • Views 348
ToxicV3

ToxicV3

Reaction score
Sin$
If i upgrade my hp pavilion 8gb ddr ram, i7-3770
Graphics card witch at the momment is a amd radeon 7570 to a amd radeon 7770 would i need to make any changes the the power or anything so that my hp could handle it?

Plz help thx

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The power increase from the 7570 to the 7770 is very little, as Habo stated only around 50W, so I think you should be fine. Just make sure the card will fit in the case and you have an appropriate connector for it. I don't think the 7570 uses a PCI-E connector as its TDP is only 47, so you'll need to make sure you have either a PCI-E connector or spare molex to PCI-E adapter.

ToxicV3

ToxicV3

Reaction score
Sin$
The power increase from the 7570 to the 7770 is very little, as Habo stated only around 50W, so I think you should be fine. Just make sure the card will fit in the case and you have an appropriate connector for it. I don't think the 7570 uses a PCI-E connector as its TDP is only 47, so you'll need to make sure you have either a PCI-E connector or spare molex to PCI-E adapter.
Could u summarize that for me?

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Could u summarize that for me?

Firstly, you need to make sure the card would physically fit. This Sapphire 7770 is probably the smallest of the bunch, measuring under 9". Measure from the side where the PCI brackets are, to as far right as you can go to determine if it will fit.

Secondly, make sure you have sufficient connectors to power the video card. You will need either a 6-pin PCI-E connector, or if you don't have one however do have a spare molex connector, then buy a molex-PCI-E adapter.

Top Bottom
Login
Register