Upgrading hard drive with Xport

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Cheatlancer, Dec 25, 2008 with 5 replies and 3,835 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheatlancer

Cheatlancer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I recently got a 60 gig HDD and it did not come with the cable or software to transfer the data. Could I use my Xport to transfer the data to my PC and then to the new HDD? If so, do I copy all of the folders/files and bring them over?

2. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Connect your 20gb HDD and open xport/xplorer, go to partition 3 and copy everything in there and save it on your PC , disconnect your HDD , then conect your 60gb HDD and put all the files into partition 3.

(you also might want to back up your HDD just in case you mess something up and need to re-do it.)

or you can call 1-800-4my-xbox and get M$ to send you a transfer kit for free.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Cheatlancer

Cheatlancer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks, I will try that out tonight...

I have a transfer cable, I am just missing the disk. Would it be possible for someone to sent me an .iso of it?

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Xplorer?

Here [Click here to view the link]

5. OP
    Cheatlancer

Cheatlancer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was referring to the Data Migration disk that came with the transfer kit. I seem to have lost mine...

6. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:
    plug your HDD to the MS transfer cable, and connect to your PC, run the newest Xport360 (which support 60GB HDD).

Backup the Content folder and load to your new HDD.

Xplorer360 will not work with 60GB HDD.

The MS transfer cable = a SATA to USB adaptor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.