Upgrade From Premium To Ultimate

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Nothinbeter2do, Dec 28, 2008 with 4 replies and 260 views.

1. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I got a new computer with Windows Vista Premium. I have a disc with Windows Vista Ultimate on it. What I want to know, is if I can upgrade to Ultimate from the disc without formatting my hard drive.

Also, if I can upgrade without formatting my hard drive can I upgrade without uninstalling all my currently installed applications?

If someone could answer these questions, then thanks.

2. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    If you install the ultimate edition, it would be a different operating system, and you would only be able to access your current applications if you're on your current operating system. The only thing you can do is save all your apps to an external hard drive then reinstall them on the ultimate edition.

3. Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well wait i have a business partner who has both a Dual operating system thing, he has both an Apple and a Vista opereating system on his one laptop, couldnt you just do that?

4. OP
    Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
  5. Darkaj750

Darkaj750 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hes saying that he knows somebody who has either two hdds, or has partitioned there hdd to put two Different operating systems on it.
    He was suggesting that you could to that, but you can upgrade to ultimate from premium without having to format your hdd but it should put all your files from premium and put it into "windows.old" so that you can still access it, but you will either have to reinstall your programs, or run the .exe of that program in windows.old