What's new

Tutorial Updating your modded 3.60 Enso Vita to 3.65

C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
Requirements:
TheFlow’s 3.65 Updater is compatible with all three PS Vita devices – the fat PS Vita 1000, the slim PS Vita 2000 and the pocket-sized PS (Vita) TV – as long as they meet the requirements:

It cannot be used on a device that runs firmwares 3.61, 3.63, 3.65 or 3.67 and there is currently no known way to downgrade a PS Vita’s system software. Additionally, HENkaku Ensō cannot be installed on any firmware that is older than version 3.60, but devices that are running those older firmwares can be manually upgraded to firmware 3.60.

Keep in mind that you need to install VitaShell version 1.82 ([Click here to view this link]) before you attempt to update your device from 3.60 HENkaku to 3.65 HENkaku Ensō, otherwise you will end up having a few problems. Just grab it [Click here to view this link] and install it on your PS Vita running 3.60 HENkaku.
(taken from here)

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS

Step 1: Backup your current VitaShell application.

Step 2: (Skip if you do not have enso installed)
If you have Enso installed, launch the enso app and uninstall the custom firmware.

Step3:
Launch the browser and re hack your vita with Henkaku. You can do that by visiting henkaku.xyz on your vita's browser

Step 4:
We need to install a few applications to your vita/vitaTV by using molecularShell's FTP.

You will need to download the Vita FW Update 3.65 [Virus Scan] Updater [Virus Scan] and VitaShell 1.82+ [Virus Scan]

Step 5:
Using an FTP client like Filezila you are going to want to transfer over the Updater and Vitashell 1.82+ to your Vita system. Than install them.

Step 6:
Launch the new vitashell you installed. And press select to launch USB (to pc) connection or FTP again to transfer over the 3.65 firmware.
Make sure you place it in app\UPDATE365. (If you can't place it in UPDATE360 just place it in the directory outside the apps folder and move it in using VitaShell's move tool.

Step 7:
Now we run the HENkaku Updater, this will install the modified 3.65 update. Than fallow all onscreen directions

Congrats you are now on 3.65 and you can run dumps of games that are updated for 3.65

Video for people who don't want to read (Not mine)

Z

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
Despite having written the first guide on Henkaku I stopped paying attention to the Vita scene as it grew stale quick, what exactly does this do for you? Does it allow you to use 3.60+ dumps? What does this limit?

X

xEagles13

Reaction score
Despite having written the first guide on Henkaku I stopped paying attention to the Vita scene as it grew stale quick, what exactly does this do for you? Does it allow you to use 3.60+ dumps? What does this limit?
Updating will allow you to run the games that you need a higher version to run, so yes higher dumps will work and NoNpDrm already is updated to run on this newer version. There is a list of games somewhere that tells you what games are 3.61-3.65. Most important plugins are updated with this version. If you upgrade then you might find that some of your plugins are not updated to the newest version and you won't be able to downgrade back to 3.60.

Last edited:
C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
What xEagles13 said is correct, this does allow you to play game dumps and physical games that are 3.61+. Which right now I think is 85% of the games, as well as the main homebrews like emulators and such are already updated and functioning on 3.65.

So far I have not seen a loss in any function between 3.60 and 3.65.

Last edited:
P

Peacemaker76

Reaction score
Cynder you r KING!!!
Thanks a lot u made me a day!!!
I was searching all day to find out how to upgrade and with your tutorial I succed!!!
Thanks a milion times!!!

Top Bottom