Solved Updating the Original Xbox Compatibility Lists

• Thread starter Chrushev
  • Start date
  • Views 2,871
C

Chrushev

Reaction score
Sin$
So, there are a few versions of compat lists out there.

xb1-5829-nov-2007-hacked
and
xb1_13599_jul_2011-hacked

I used to have the 5829 version, but want to update to 13599. I copy over the files to /HddX/Compatibility

However when I start the game and press the Guide button it still says im using X.5829

How do I make it use 13599?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to have the 5829 version, but want to update to 13599. I copy over the files to /HddX/Compatibility

However when I start the game and press the Guide button it still says im using X.5829

How do I make it use 13599?
If you replaced the old files, you should be good to go. I actually never noticed that being displayed in the Guide Button before. AFAIK, you should be fine despite that number being displayed.

Noobert HuskerHeaven Care to give a second opinion on this?

C

Chrushev

Reaction score
Sin$
If you replaced the old files, you should be good to go. I actually never noticed that being displayed in the Guide Button before. AFAIK, you should be fine despite that number being displayed.

Noobert HuskerHeaven Care to give a second opinion on this?

Well I am trying to get Kingdom Under Fire : Crusaders working. It was not supported in 5829 version but support was added later. But the game wont launch. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

I know the dump is fine too because the same exact files run flawlessly on an actual original Xbox that i have.

When I launch it on 360 it flashes this window and then gets tuck on the white X logo of original xbox.

Last edited:
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I am trying to get Kingdom Under Fire : Crusaders working. It was not supported in 5829 version but support was added later. But the game wont launch. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

I know the dump is fine too because the same exact files run flawlessly on an actual original Xbox that i have.

When I launch it on 360 it flashes this window and then gets tuck on the white X logo of original xbox.

Interesting. You could try running an HDD Partition Fixer and then reinstalling the 2011 files. Professional Professional you ever ran into this issue before?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No I haven't but I'll install the backwards compatibility files on my rgh again and see if it says 5829 or 13599
I'll try to check at some point as well, but come to think of it, even though I've only ever used the 13599 ones, I think mine still says 5829. I'll need to take a look as now I'm curious.

C

Chrushev

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for trying to help guys. Could you if possible try running Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders ? To see if it runs? Its considered to be one of the best Xbox games so worth getting either way :smile:

What I think is interesting here is that its possible that when we thought we were running 2011 updates files we actually werent (meaning we dont know how to actually update the back compat files).

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgot to post, but yeah same here.
Hah, well I guess for whatever reason it just shows the older number. Maybe if we try to run a game that was specifically added to the list for the later number it will show up in the guide. Not sure though of what games would qualify.

Top Bottom
Login
Register