What's new

Solved Updated console to Aurora OS but a few games won't load/quit back to Aurora dash (GTA V, RDR...)

peanutismint

peanutismint

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently updated my JTAG Xbox 360 to the Aurora dash which seems great, but a lot of the games I ripped from my own discs won't load from the HDD. Most of them (Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption etc....) get as far as the Rockstar intro screens/disclaimers but then quit back to the Aurora dash.

Is there any way to check if the copy of the files from the disc to the HDD got everything or maybe I missed some files? Because I ripped them on another machine and then copied them to the HDD in this machine so I'm wondering if some important file may have got lost... But then I assume it wouldn't even get as far as the intro screens if something was missing??

Also I'm trying to use trainers....would this be related? It even happens without trainers, though.... And I've just learned about doing 'title updates' but even with those it still doesn't seem to get the game started....?

exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
Most of them (Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption etc....) get as far as the Rockstar intro screens/disclaimers but then quit back to the Aurora dash.

You can still launch games some of the time before getting kick back to dash. Can be down to bad plug in, FSD or missing files/folders or just not installed in the right directory

Because I ripped them on another machine and then copied them to the HDD in this machine

Ok firstly use a file manager either in aurora or xex menu check that when the disc was copied over that the correct files and folders are in the correct location GTA V has disc 1 in the root and disc 2's content folder is in the 000000000000 folder on the hdd.

As for RDR check to see if in correct folder again. . . Can't remember the install instructions of top of my head but it's worth checking.

As for ripping the games from another machine - xbox I presume the copied the games over to your hdd , what method did you use?
External hdd or usb , ftp , or moved the internal hdd from one machine to the next?

I had issues with ripped/downloaded games when copying from computer to console via external hdd. It was as if files had got corrupted during transfer.

peanutismint

peanutismint

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks; I actually managed to get both games working. I think RDR I was either using the wrong update file or a dodgy trainer or something, and GTA I didn't know I had to copy one game disc to a specific content folder and then install disc 2 in the normal place. Learning the basics I guess! :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register