What's new

Patched UPDATED - AFK Capture / 24+ Hour Playlist (for $$ & RP)

• Thread starter GTAthrowgrenades
  • Start date
  • Views 184,055
GTAthrowgrenades

GTAthrowgrenades

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this only for ps4?
It works on all platforms. You just need to make the job and copy it 15 times. I posted how to create the job in my original text, and showed some of that in videos as well.

passthatblunt

passthatblunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
link to Xbox one playlist https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/xboxone/playlists/playlist/YQHz48Aa8E60WDzT2Peh1Q

if the link doesn't work here's like to job 1 rest are on my jobs page http://rsg.ms/73e4f91

Works really well, I'm running it right now with a random!
Thanks for taking the time and building the capture! Good work!
I'm gonna go to bed and dream of the RP I'll be gaining... (if that random stays in that is)

Another thing: attach your controller to your Xbox via cable or it will turn off after 15 min or so - even with rubber band!

Last edited:
TANMAN84

TANMAN84

Reaction score
Sin$
Its been 1 year (to the day) since I created my fully AFK capture "Time is Money", and now I'm ready to share it.
You can run it in a playlist with a friend while you're both at school, work, or just sleeping,
and you'll make plenty of money and rank for doing practically nothing.
When its run 16 times with the rounds set to 7, it can run for over 24 hours, and give out over 3 million dollars (split between 2 players),
and all you need to do, is have a way to keep your left joystick pointed straight up, like with a rubber band.
Here's a video that shows the AFK capture in action.

If you're on PS4, you can bookmark this playlist...
(just set your Walk Style to Normal)
https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/8dsQgqQRSEKxDaAs9Rg6KA
...but if you're playing on any system other than PS4, you'll have to make your own "Time is Money" job, and copy it 16 times.
Here's a video of my job being played (with a few notes)

Here's a video of my job in the creator.

Here's how to make the job.
CAPTURE DETAILS
Set the Number of Teams to 2.
Set number of players to either 2 or 3. (3 can let 2 players win while 1 loses)
Set the Time Limit to 20. (optional)
Set the Target Score to 6. (optional)
Set the Carry Limit to 1.
Force Camera View to Third Person Only, (and make sure you use a Normal Walk Style in Freemode)

PLACEMENT
Under the prop category Buoys and Platforms,
find the Floating Platform, turn it on its side, and place it in a clearing.
Place a 2nd Floating Platform on its side, touching the 1st one, and forming an obtuse angle with the flattest sides.

Then create a template of these 2 props.
Use the end of the template that is able to clip through props to make a chain of Floating Platform props, all turning at the same angle.
Keep chaining them together until you've created a large circle of these props.

Place 1 team spawn point inside the circle, next to a Floating Platform prop and running paralell with it.
Place that team's Capture Point on top of that.
Place a capture object at the opposite end of the prop's circular interior.
Place your other team's Start Point and Capture Point anywhere outside of the circle for now.

Test the capture, and hold your left joystick straight up, but press nothing else.
If the time it takes you to collect and deliver the package (in my job, its 2m 33s in the creator)
equals slightly more than your "total job time goal" (in my job, its 15 minutes)
divided by your Target Score (in my job, its 6),
then you have the correct angle for your Template, and can create a template of that circle of props for your 2nd team.
If the time is too fast, delete all the props, and create a new 2-piece template with a wider angle, and try again.
If the time is too slow, delete all the props, and create a new 2-piece template with a narrower angle
OR add some props to cut some of the corners. (its easier to cut corners than to make the circle larger)

Once you feel that the size of the prop circle will guide your character
to collect and deliver all of the packages just after your "total job time goal",
give it 1 full length test to be sure.
You want to make sure it ends a few seconds after your "total job time goal"
My job ends around 15m 15s in the creator,
because I took into account that you run for a few steps when starting a capture, but not in the creator.

Once you have created 1 perfectly-sized circle, simply make a Template of that circle for your 2nd team,
set up the Start Point, Capture Point, and Capture Object in the same way, test, and publish.

Walk Style affects your speed.
Since the Walk Style in the creator is locked to the last one you were using,
and you base the speed of the job on how fast you walk it,
I recommend choosing a walk style that you're always going to use.
My job is created off of the Normal Walk Style, and should be run with that walk style.

Here's a few pictures of how I choose to make my left joystick point straight up.
https://postimg.org/gallery/1ah5tdjvc/ (using a hair-tie and a rubber band)
Once you get in in position, rock the joystick in the spot a little to get it set just right.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, even though it should be common knowledge...
To set the rounds to 7, the player that initially hosts the playlist should do so from their own private session. (Host session THEN host playlist) This means that if you want to let your friend use your playlist that they don't have bookmarked themselves, you'd have to start a private session, (optionally invite your friend to the session,) host the playlist, invite your friend to the playlist, then once your friend joins you can quit and them invite their friend. (for helping friends that don't use the Social Club to host 7 rounds)

Got the race now how does this work and what do I do?

GTAthrowgrenades

GTAthrowgrenades

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gonna have to make this for PC, this is fkn brilliant! Kudos sir !
Once you make it for PC, please post a link to the playlist you create with the original job and its 15 copies, so other PC users can benefit from it. I'm glad that you like the concept and think its "fkn brilliant". Part of me is a little surprised that no one else thought of it... considering how many people there are that look for ways to exploit the game's payout. Anyway, I appreciate your kudos. Feel free to post a video of your job in the creator or being played. I would be nice to see someone else's work of the same concept.

EDIT: Someone posted a PC playlist in my reddit thread. https://socialclub.rockstargames.co.../pc/playlists/playlist/Dk8QZtAi1UiTmr5F1opjqA

And this one as well... which is apparently for running... https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/playlists/playlist/24Psrvo7W021p7hp_rvFDA

Last edited:
______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Once you make it for PC, please post a link to the playlist you create with the original job and its 15 copies, so other PC users can benefit from it. I'm glad that you like the concept and think its "fkn brilliant". Part of me is a little surprised that no one else thought of it... considering how many people there are that look for ways to exploit the game's payout. Anyway, I appreciate your kudos. Feel free to post a video of your job in the creator or being played. I would be nice to see someone else's work of the same concept.
. I overlook a lot of glitches but I will bookmark this on ps4 and share it to my poor friends, thankyou for the effort you put in, afk money and RP! Doesn't get any better than that mate

GTAthrowgrenades

GTAthrowgrenades

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
. I overlook a lot of glitches but I will bookmark this on ps4 and share it to my poor friends, thankyou for the effort you put in, afk money and RP! Doesn't get any better than that mate
I think its perfect for those that don't want to glitch because of their fear of getting banned (LOL), but still want a legit way to get something for nothing. The stats will show that all of the money is earned, and it just looks like you've played a lot... unlike when you do vehicle duplication, and your money from vehicle sales is unbelievably high. I have some friends that have just loved this playlist to death over the past year. I hope some of your friends like it just as much.

R

RPF

Reaction score
Sin$
HAs anyone attempted a x360 version. I was about to try, however I dont know if it should be contend/GTA/Hold or Raid :biggrin:

C

Copenhagen_Cowboy

Reaction score
Sin$
Could someone help me out here, im on xb1 the game runs fine. controller is hooked into my phone charger and i have a hair band holding down the thumb stick and rb so the weapon wheel is open but the contoller still times out every 15 minutes or so... anyone have a solution ?

passthatblunt

passthatblunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could someone help me out here, im on xb1 the game runs fine. controller is hooked into my phone charger and i have a hair band holding down the thumb stick and rb so the weapon wheel is open but the contoller still times out every 15 minutes or so... anyone have a solution ?

Die you try to attach it to the console instead of your phone charger?

passthatblunt

passthatblunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes i did it still dies... I'll have to figure something out. my friend had his hooked up to the xbox and it died by itself after 2 hours or so
That's too bad, I thought that would work!
Another idea is to take the batteries out while connected with cable, maybe that will do the trick...

Last edited:
MrWhiteYo

MrWhiteYo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
27583385yh.jpg

Thats how it can be done

Put one stick Cap Rubber under the left stick.
:wink::thumbsup::thumbsup:

W

wamozilimu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was having trouble making the job so i searched on YouTube and found a well explained tutorial on how to make it i think you should update it here is the video i made one for ps4 & pc now

Its been 1 year (to the day) since I created my fully AFK capture "Time is Money", and now I'm ready to share it.
You can run it in a playlist with a friend while you're both at school, work, or just sleeping,
and you'll make plenty of money and rank for doing practically nothing.
When its run 16 times with the rounds set to 7, it can run for over 24 hours, and give out over 3 million dollars (split between 2 players),
and all you need to do, is have a way to keep your left joystick pointed straight up, like with a rubber band.
Here's a video that shows the AFK capture in action.

If you're on PS4, you can bookmark this playlist...
(just set your Walk Style to Normal)
https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/8dsQgqQRSEKxDaAs9Rg6KA
...but if you're playing on any system other than PS4, you'll have to make your own "Time is Money" job, and copy it 16 times.
Here's a video of my job being played (with a few notes)

Here's a video of my job in the creator.

Here's how to make the job.
CAPTURE DETAILS
Set the Number of Teams to 2.
Set number of players to either 2 or 3. (3 can let 2 players win while 1 loses)
Set the Time Limit to 20. (optional)
Set the Target Score to 6. (optional)
Set the Carry Limit to 1.
Force Camera View to Third Person Only, (and make sure you use a Normal Walk Style in Freemode)

PLACEMENT
Under the prop category Buoys and Platforms,
find the Floating Platform, turn it on its side, and place it in a clearing.
Place a 2nd Floating Platform on its side, touching the 1st one, and forming an obtuse angle with the flattest sides.

Then create a template of these 2 props.
Use the end of the template that is able to clip through props to make a chain of Floating Platform props, all turning at the same angle.
Keep chaining them together until you've created a large circle of these props.

Place 1 team spawn point inside the circle, next to a Floating Platform prop and running paralell with it.
Place that team's Capture Point on top of that.
Place a capture object at the opposite end of the prop's circular interior.
Place your other team's Start Point and Capture Point anywhere outside of the circle for now.

Test the capture, and hold your left joystick straight up, but press nothing else.
If the time it takes you to collect and deliver the package (in my job, its 2m 33s in the creator)
equals slightly more than your "total job time goal" (in my job, its 15 minutes)
divided by your Target Score (in my job, its 6),
then you have the correct angle for your Template, and can create a template of that circle of props for your 2nd team.
If the time is too fast, delete all the props, and create a new 2-piece template with a wider angle, and try again.
If the time is too slow, delete all the props, and create a new 2-piece template with a narrower angle
OR add some props to cut some of the corners. (its easier to cut corners than to make the circle larger)

Once you feel that the size of the prop circle will guide your character
to collect and deliver all of the packages just after your "total job time goal",
give it 1 full length test to be sure.
You want to make sure it ends a few seconds after your "total job time goal"
My job ends around 15m 15s in the creator,
because I took into account that you run for a few steps when starting a capture, but not in the creator.

Once you have created 1 perfectly-sized circle, simply make a Template of that circle for your 2nd team,
set up the Start Point, Capture Point, and Capture Object in the same way, test, and publish.

Walk Style affects your speed.
Since the Walk Style in the creator is locked to the last one you were using,
and you base the speed of the job on how fast you walk it,
I recommend choosing a walk style that you're always going to use.
My job is created off of the Normal Walk Style, and should be run with that walk style.

Here's a few pictures of how I choose to make my left joystick point straight up.
https://postimg.org/gallery/1ah5tdjvc/ (using a hair-tie and a rubber band)
Once you get in in position, rock the joystick in the spot a little to get it set just right.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, even though it should be common knowledge...
To set the rounds to 7, the player that initially hosts the playlist should do so from their own private session. (Host session THEN host playlist) This means that if you want to let your friend use your playlist that they don't have bookmarked themselves, you'd have to start a private session, (optionally invite your friend to the session,) host the playlist, invite your friend to the playlist, then once your friend joins you can quit and them invite their friend. (for helping friends that don't use the Social Club to host 7 rounds)

T

triton13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on Xbox One and I have a rubber band tied to my joystick. While everything is working fine, after 10 minutes or so during every round, my screen gets dim because it's about to disconnect my controller. So everytime, I have to press a button or something for it to go away. Has anyone else had this problem and able to fix it? I tried keeping my controller plugged into my xbox and then I even took the batteries out and just kept it plugged in. Neither of those worked. -_-

Top Bottom
Login
Register