Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Z684dAu.jpg
There’s just over a week left until Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel make their next-gen debut in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on March 24 in North America and March 27 internationally!

If you’ve already played Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 (or PS Vita for Borderlands 2), you’ll be able to transfer your save within the same console family. Here’s how it works.

To use a save from the previous generation versions of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, first you’ll need to download the patches enabling cross-save for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which should be available for download later this week.

Once you have that patch downloaded, follow these steps:

• Ensure all versions of the games are up to date with the latest patch (old-gen and new-gen) and you are connected to PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
  • From the main menu of the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions of BL2 or BL:TPS, choose the “Cross Save” (PlayStation consoles) or “Cloud Save” (Xbox consoles), then “Upload Save” function.
  • Once the save has been uploaded, choose “Cross Save” or “Cloud Save” then “Download Save” from the main menu of the PS4 / Xbox One Handsome Collection game for which you’re downloading the save.
IMPORTANT: Only one save may be uploaded at a time. If you have multiple saves to transfer, upload one save, then download it in the Handsome Collection, then repeat the process for successive saves.

Please note:

• The Xbox family of systems can only move saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and not the other way around.
  • The PlayStation family of systems can upload / download saves from any system to any other PlayStation system. Think of PS3 / PS4 / PSV as a triangle, and saves can move in any direction (Vita saves are only applicable to BL2 and not BL:TPS).
  • Uploading a save does not remove it from the original system, it only creates a copy of the save on the network.
  • Players will need the day 1 patch for the Handsome Collection in order to download saves.
  • Players will also need the most recent patch installed for PS3 / Xbox 360 in order to upload saves.

When you transfer your save, here’s what comes along with it:

• Character level and all mission progress
  • Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)
  • Backpack inventory
  • Weapon slots
  • Cash and Eridum/Moonstones
  • All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale’s Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***
  • Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary
Note that items stored in Claptrap’s Secret Stash in Borderlands 2 will NOT transfer along with your save, so be sure to move anything you can’t live without to the bank. Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.

Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The Handsome Collection for the first time:

Borderlands 2

• 75 Golden Keys
  • A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
  • Bonus character customizations
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

• 75 Golden Keys
  • A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
  • Bonus unique weapons and character customizations
Note: These bonus Badass points can only be earned once and are redeemed instantly upon entering the game. We recommend using the Cross/Cloud Save functionality prior to starting a game in The Handsome Collection to transfer over your account’s Badass Rank. This will ensure that bonus Rank is awarded in addition to existing Badass Rank.

If you have any trouble, be sure to visit support.gearboxsoftware.com for help.

Source

UPDATE:
We are aware that some players are having difficulty transferring their Badass Rank and/or head and skin customizations from their previous gen characters. Our engineers are currently investigating possible resolutions. For the meantime, please do not delete your previous gen save files as re-uploading them may be part of the eventual solution.

It is completely safe to continue playing The Handsome Collection while we work on a fix.

UPDATE 04.02.15:

An update for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on Xbox One is now live that allows users to successfully transfer Badass Ranks and customizations from their prior-gen save files.

Players will be prompted to download the update upon booting up Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. Click here for full update notes.

After updating, users will be able to transfer the Badass Ranks and customizations associated with their accounts to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection by re-downloading a game save using the "Cloud Save" feature in the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Main Menu.

Once this update is installed, players will be able to restore their Badass Rank and customizations while maintaining their current mission progress per the below:

• If the Badass Rank from your uploaded previous-gen character save is higher than your current Handsome Collection Badass Rank, your Badass Rank will be overwritten with the higher value.
  • Customizations from your previous-gen character save will be added to your Handsome Collection account profile.
  • Any mission progress you made prior to the update can be saved by selecting "Save As New" instead of "Overwrite" when re-downloading your save post-update.

Source

NEW UPDATE:

Updated 3/26/15, 2:30 PM CT

We are aware that some players are having difficulty transferring their Badass Rank and / or character customizations from their previous gen characters.

A fix for this issue has been submitted for testing and will be released as soon as possible once testing is complete. The solution involves a small update to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Xbox One.

After updating, users will be able to transfer the Badass Ranks and Customizations associated with their accounts to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection by re-download a game save using the "Cloud Save" feature in the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Main Menu. Visit the Cross/Cloud Save Knowledge Base Article for information on this feature.

Once this update is available, players will be able to restore their Badass Rank and customizations while maintaining their current mission progress per the below:

• If the Badass Rank from your uploaded previous-gen character save is higher than your current Handsome Collection Badass Rank, your Badass Rank will be overwritten with the higher value.
  • Customizations from your previous-gen character save will be added to your Handsome Collection account profile.
  • Any mission progress you made prior to the update can be saved by selecting "Save As New" instead of "Overwrite" when re-downloading your save post-update.

For the meantime, please do not delete your previous gen save files as re-uploading them may be part of the eventual solution. It is completely safe to continue playing The Handsome Collection.

Source

If you have any questions about this, please submit a support ticket at http://support.gearboxsoftware.com.

Source

Last edited:
Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess we will have to find a way to bypass that. Because that looks like it can cause some bumps in the road for sure.
I guess we will find out in 8-11 days.

Anyways... This is what I am thrilled to see. :biggrin:
Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.
Gonna have a lot of fun earning these all over again. :thumbsup:

W

Wonder Boys

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice work as usual Spar. :cigar:
Borderlands 2 on X1......I'm back! :biggrin:

D

DEATHxDEALR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess we will have to find a way to bypass that. Because that looks like it can cause some bumps in the road for sure.

Question is for 360..to..X1
What about having the saves on a USB instead of uploading to the cloud save? And Downloading/uploading From that to X1
And what about people that don't have a Xbox 360 anymore...most of my friends Dont...so they don't get to transfer there saves....that's pretty crappy and going to cut down the people I know looking forward to the game and won't buy it...

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Question is for 360..to..X1
What about having the saves on a USB instead of uploading to the cloud save? And Downloading/uploading From that to X1
And what about people that don't have a Xbox 360 anymore...most of my friends Dont...so they don't get to transfer there saves....that's pretty crappy and going to cut down the people I know looking forward to the game and won't buy it...
If your saves aren't saved after the patch, they won't work. So you need to have the saves uploaded from a console with the last update. And I doubt the X1 will accept saves directly from a USB.

If you don't have access to a 360 at all, you can't transfer your saves over. But don't worry too much about that, I believe a Service may turn up around here that can help with that... :wink:

MadeGuy

MadeGuy

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How are badass rank/stats going to carry over from just using a save?

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How are badass rank/stats going to carry over from just using a save?
I just realized something. It may look like we will get the rank/points from each save we transfer over. Meaning that you will not get your total rank transferred. That is quite disappointing actually, I hope I'm mistaken.

D

DEATHxDEALR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just realized something. It may look like we will get the rank/points from each save we transfer over. Meaning that you will not get your total rank transferred. That is quite disappointing actually, I hope I'm mistaken.

That's no good...I don't know why they seem to be making it difficult to transfer stuff over...I don't really understand why?

Rampetrabbit

Rampetrabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your saves aren't saved after the patch, they won't work. So you need to have the saves uploaded from a console with the last update. And I doubt the X1 will accept saves directly from a USB.

If you don't have access to a 360 at all, you can't transfer your saves over. But don't worry too much about that, I believe a Service may turn up around here that can help with that... :wink:

Do you think we will be able to cross from ps3 to ps4 then back again if you want to change the save?

Blitz 513

Blitz 513

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Sparfire Been Awhile. Anyways I and I'm sure a few others have sold there previous last gen systems are "we screwed" I sure don't feel like sitting around pyro petes bar for hrs lol. Just wondering.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Sparfire Been Awhile. Anyways I and I'm sure a few others have sold there previous last gen systems are "we screwed" I sure don't feel like sitting around pyro petes bar for hrs lol. Just wondering.
If it is possible, we will help you for sure. :smile:

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Sin$
I wonder how this'll handle modded saves... if it works as it says, that means that boosting will be easy.

Which I'm sure is great news for Spar.

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Sin$
Great news for everyone but Spar, you mean. Lol.

I meant in terms of save transferring. Since transferring only makes a copy, it means you don't have to keep re-making a boost save - you just need to have a fresh one on the 360, then copy it over to the 1.

Or so I hope. I don't know how any of this works, to be entirely honest.

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think we will be able to cross from ps3 to ps4 then back again if you want to change the save?
Yes.

You will be able to go from PS3 to PS4 and also PS4 to PS3

Xbox on the other hand, can only go from 360 to the One.

Top Bottom
Login
Register