What's new

Update on full godmode (it may never be full for iso mods)

shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
This is about getting godmode to work while playing with other players through modding the new weapons file (weapons2)

I've been trying for a week now to get this working right. I figure I may as well tell everyone what I'm doing. I'm modifying the modifiable weapons file. (like weapons2 from Hater's). that's the key file. It includes weapons for things like falling and drowning, not just firearms/explosives. The problem I'm having is that this file seems to "fight" with the original (weapons.meta). Some <items> are loaded from the modified weapons file (weapons2) and some are loaded from the original . For each weapon there is a networkplayerdamagemodifier. It's set to "1" for every weapon except one I think is like 1.07 or something. You make it "0" and you cannot receive ANY damage from that gun.

If you go into a weapons2 file from someone like Hater's mods and use the replace function and enter the default networkplayerdamagemodifer thing and you can change all instances of the "1" to that "0" value, and if you load up the game with your changes you should find that you are invincible to SOME things. you may be invincible from the pistol. Maybe falling damage.

Please don't PM me asking for more info. I may post a weapons2.meta here that has a good balance of working stuff, so a "Semi" god mode.

Mario350

Mario350

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is about getting godmode to work while playing with other players through modding the new weapons file (weapons2)

I've been trying for a week now to get this working right. I figure I may as well tell everyone what I'm doing. I'm modifying the modifiable weapons file. (like weapons2 from Hater's). that's the key file. It includes weapons for things like falling and drowning, not just firearms/explosives. The problem I'm having is that this file seems to "fight" with the original (weapons.meta). Some <items> are loaded from the modified weapons file (weapons2) and some are loaded from the original . For each weapon there is a networkplayerdamagemodifier. It's set to "1" for every weapon except one I think is like 1.07 or something. You make it "0" and you cannot receive ANY damage from that gun.

If you go into a weapons2 file from someone like Hater's mods and use the replace function and enter the default networkplayerdamagemodifer thing and you can change all instances of the "1" to that "0" value, and if you load up the game with your changes you should find that you are invincible to SOME things. you may be invincible from the pistol. Maybe falling damage.

Please don't PM me asking for more info. I may post a weapons2.meta here that has a good balance of working stuff, so a "Semi" god mode.

I already have FULL GOD MODE for some time now, and tank dont kill my

But not liberate to see what happens in the update 1.09

VcS Terror

VcS Terror

Contributor
Modder Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have full god mode as well so I don't understand how you only get semi

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Want to feel Special? Here's a Helmet and Crayons
Reaction score
Sin$
did you copy the startup.xml file too? because thats what loads up the modded guns from weapons2.meta

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
I have full god mode as well so I don't understand how you only get semi

You can actually play with other people? And how did you get full god mode without deleting the original weapon file?

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
Whats your GT?

Just PMed you 
Ehh actually I did delete the original weapon file

Lol dude you gotta read. I said in the first line, this is about getting full godmode to work while being able to play with other players. you cant play with other players if you delete the original weapon file.

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
what file did you edit? 

I'm confused by what you mean

If you copied from haters common.rpf he has the mods folder that had weapons 2. The way to get that to work is to edit the starup.xml file to load the weapons2.meta properly. Becase if you look at the startup.xml file in his common you will see he has a spot in the startup.xml that loads the weapons2.meta from the mods folder.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
If you copied from haters common.rpf he has the mods folder that had weapons 2. The way to get that to work is to edit the starup.xml file to load the weapons2.meta properly. Becase if you look at the startup.xml file in his common you will see he has a spot in the startup.xml that loads the weapons2.meta from the mods folder.

you mean this?

Code:
<Item>
			<filename>common:/data/mods/weapons2.meta</filename>
			<fileType>WEAPONINFO_FILE</fileType>
		</Item>
That's there. if it wasnt there I dont think a single weapon mod would have worked.

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you mean this?

Code:
<Item>
		</Item>
That's there. if it wasnt there I dont think a single weapon mod would have worked.
It works for weapons, but not much else...

I tried it with dispatch and it didn't work...

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
you mean this?

Code:
<Item>
		</Item>

right do you have that in yours?

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
right do you have that in yours?

Yes. You don't have any problems with your weapons2? I'm pretty sure everyone does unless they delete or modify the original weapon file. but if you do that then you can play with other people.

problems like duplicate weapons and not being able to switch weapons while in your car

Horiiiizon

Horiiiizon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if anyone wants to try this..
edit the default.xml and add an entry to load weapons2 before the original one loads.

Top Bottom
Login
Register