What's new

Discussion Upcoming features for PS3 and PSN(Confirmed by Sony)

• Thread starter ImodWaW10th65
  • Start date
  • Views 970
ImodWaW10th65

ImodWaW10th65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
These are all things that have been said on the Sony conference livestream and I've bothered to write down while listening;

1) The PS3 will have a new Software (PS3 firmware) Update that you will be required to update to.
2) You will be required to change your password to go online on PSN.
3) You will only be able to change your details on the PS3 you created the account on, or via the use of the email linked to the account.
4) They will pay any loss of money due to cards being stolen and re-issue peoples credit cards if required.
5) Sony will not contact anyone in any way asking for details, including credit card details.
6) Current PSN and also current PSN+ users will receive 30 days of free PSN+ service
7) They are remaking the entire way the PSN servers work, including software to monitor for suspicious activity and deal with it accordingly, and they will be using a higher level of encryption.
8. There will be many more free things available to make up for the loss of PSN.
9) They have said they will make sure to get full PSN back within the month.
10) They have said they have been working on new features including different chat functionality.
11) They have confirmed it was, or part of the attack and data compromise was due to Anonymous.
12) They have also apologised for the loss of PSN access about a billion times.. lol.
13) 10 Million credit cards were in the database at the time of the attack, but they do now know if they were actually compromised, but they are making sure to be safe rather than sorry.
14) They have confirmed that certain data has been compromised.
15) They have said that 78 million accounts could have possible been compromised, but users often make multiple accounts, so 78 million people have not actually had their data compromised.
16) Many governments and law enforcement services are looking into this, including the FBI.
17) PSN users will be able to watch movies on the PS store for free temporarily (PSP and PS3)
18. They will be hiring a Chief Security Officer to be in charge of security and features that will be added.
19) They have said that all credit card details were stored in a different area of the database away from other details, and was encrypted.
20) They have also said they will be making sure PSN will be available in more countries, and more features for countries that have limited access.
21) Passwords were not encrypted, but were hashed.
22) No actual improper use of credit cards or other details due to the data compromise has been proven yet.
23) They have said there were multiple attacks on the network to try and obtain data.
24) They have said that anyone wishes to have their account removed/deleted they may contact sony and they will do so, and they will refund any unused money in the PSN wallet.
25) There will be access to unlimited music on Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers.
26) They have said that they will restore PSN with limited functionality as soon as possible within the week, which includes online play.

The livestream is now finished.
source

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Interesting... while I think anyone can appreciate what they're trying to do to make up for their mistakes, it's going to be EXTREMELY hard for them to net any addition customers after this fiasco. Sure, people that already have a PS3 will still probably play, but I doubt anyone (that's educated on the matter) is going to go out and buy a PS3 now.

DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe

Peace at Last
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
At least they are trying to give us something for their f*** up.

xILemonHeadIx

xILemonHeadIx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
How can they be certain that Anonymous played a part in the attack? They don't know that, the only way they would know that was if they caught those responsible and they admitted that they done it on behalf on Anonymous.

As for the extra security measures, a huge company like Sony responsible for so many peoples details should have had these measures in place already. I find it rather sad that they waited until it was to late to improve their security to the standards it should always have been at.

T

theriot31cubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK? So they are jacking up security and updating firmwares, which means bye-bye 3.60 jailbreak? Will this security officer make it nearly impossible to hack and make modded lobbies?

larney

larney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friend pays monthly for DC Universe online, I wonder what theyre gonna do about that

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well im glad sony is giving me some free stuff and ill be sure to delete my other account with some funds in it.

My friend pays monthly for DC Universe online, I wonder what theyre gonna do about that

There going to hold "special" events for both DC and the animals mmo i forget what its called.

K

K3LL0GSkid

Reaction score
Sin$
they will probably give free 3 months to people who play DC Universe

I doubt it will be 3 months considering the PSN was only down for like 10 days and also the fact that DC online costs $15 per month i think. I wouldn't be suprised if they had some sort of double xp or an extra free month of online play.

K

K3LL0GSkid

Reaction score
Sin$
My info that was stolen isn't worth a few crappy games ill never play or some stupid 60min trial of a game, plus my CC info was hacked... Sony you suck at "making" stuff up to your customers.

Top Bottom
Login
Register