What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Unusable GSC Files

Visual Matrix

Visual Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have downloaded a lot of gsc mods on my computer, many of which are modded gamemodes for multiplayer. I don't know why, but around half of the mods are single gsc files with no "main" file for GSC Studio to use. Renaming said files to "main.gsc" allows me to open them with GSC Studio, but it only gets worse from there. 95% of the code of these mods is complete gibberish! Here's an example:

WagJdU0.png

Trying to inject a file like this just gives me a syntax error. I also can't use most files like this with Tesseract V2, because I wouldn't know what to rename them to, or even where to put them in the maps folder. I tried this a few times, but the game always gave me fatal script errors.

I know Tesseract V2 can use files like this, because the gsc files used to fix the DLC problems with some zombie mod menus function properly when using Tesseract V2, despite being comprised of the same illegible code in the image above. Those files also hold "proper" gsc file names, i.e. "_zm_melee_weapon.gsc". They even have their own, exclusive folder in the mp folder, simply titled "zombies". However, attempting to inject said files via GSC Studio gives me a different error, which states: "'The gsc \maps\mp\zombies\_zm_melee_weapon.gsc' doesn't exist in the structure, try in-game?", which obviously doesn't work. Moving the files to the gametypes_zm folder doesn't work either, giving me the same error.

This makes it all the more confusing and frustrating, because how can nonsense code like that work with Tesseract V2, but not GSC Studio?

Oh, and before anyone asks, no, I have not been trying to use GSC Studio and Tesseract V2 at the same time.

M

M3rged

Reaction score
Sin$
you need to decompile
Post automatically merged:

you need to decompile

Top Bottom
Login
Register