What's new

Solved unrecognised disc, unkown console history

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a slim to RGH, i was told it was working ok and had not been opened or modified in anyway, well it had been opened and the drive doesnt recognise any discs, other than that i have updated the dash and intend to go ahead and RGH it, its a trinity. Obviously it has been opened for some reason, im wondering if someone has tried to flash the drive and screwed it up, any suggestions on how to gather more info from it ? i do have a spare laser somewhere and also have a spare drive, what other options do i have, maybe get the dvd key and write it to the spare drive ?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
You just never know with these things . Typically I rgh them first (which was the plan anyways) then read the drive key and compare . Based on the result u can either repair the drive or be prepared to flash the board. (Can also change the nand to match if nesc.)

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have successfully dumped nand on this trinity, just need to get to bottom of DVD drive issue..anyone ?
You just never know with these things . Typically I rgh them first (which was the plan anyways) then read the drive key and compare . Based on the result u can either repair the drive or be prepared to flash the board. (Can also change the nand to match if nesc.)

OK understood. By rgh the console, I can't read the drive via some.tool ?..have I got to get the DVD drive flashing kit out its a dg4s I believe.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah you need something like a usbpro ,prov2 etc. to grab the key . then if the key doesn't match you can unlock and flash it .

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I have that. So the DVD key that showed up in the jrunner info when I grabbed CPU after successful rgh could be wrong in that its what the motherboard 'thinks' is the DVD key.

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah you need something like a usbpro ,prov2 etc. to grab the key . then if the key doesn't match you can unlock and flash it .

Ok, i read the key from dvd drive using jungle flasher, it matches the DVD from RGH process, guess i need to change the laser, i have one here..i also have a LTU PCB..so i could just replace the drive completley i guess

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah your laser has likely gone out . If u have any other slim drives 16d5s ,d4s laying around u can swap the pcb .

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah your laser has likely gone out . If u have any other slim drives 16d5s ,d4s laying around u can swap the pcb .

Yes, good call. So 16d5s ,d4s pcbs are interchangeable with each other?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. I've sold a ton of trinitys with d5s's in them .

Top Bottom