What's new

Solved Unmodded 360, corrupt dash

• Thread starter undecried
  • Start date
  • Views 286
U

undecried

Reaction score
I got my hands on a used, unwanted 360 a year ago, but the dash/operating system seems corrupted. The "XXX logged in" notifications render slanted and some games have a strong color tint when loaded (this varies by game). I also remember some strange issues with text rendering in the dash but it's been a while and I've forgotten the details. I tried factory resetting it, pulling the HDD, and replacing the built-in flash chip, but the issues persist.

Is it possible to fix this? I haven't invested much in this 360 but it would be nice to get it running if possible. Fairly certain it's the Trinity revision.

Thanks!

J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great to see some pictures of what you are experiencing

S

ShaneSurvivor

Reaction score
Did you test both video outputs?

HDMI and Composite?

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I got my hands on a used, unwanted 360 a year ago, but the dash/operating system seems corrupted. The "XXX logged in" notifications render slanted and some games have a strong color tint when loaded (this varies by game). I also remember some strange issues with text rendering in the dash but it's been a while and I've forgotten the details. I tried factory resetting it, pulling the HDD, and replacing the built-in flash chip, but the issues persist.

Is it possible to fix this? I haven't invested much in this 360 but it would be nice to get it running if possible. Fairly certain it's the Trinity revision.

Thanks!
With how cheap you can buy a used Trinity Xbox 360, I personally wouldn't waste the time replacement/fixing a bad video output.
You can literally get a used Trinity for like $40 these days, it'd save you a lot of time and hassle.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Try different cables and methods like components and hdmi. Report back. If no luck scrap it or sell it dirt cheap. Not worth fixing.

U

undecried

Reaction score
Booted it back up, I forgot how bad it got. After the splash screen, the screen dims as if you opened the guide menu, but the menu isn't displayed. You can navigate it with a controller but you have to do it blind, and that's all there is. And yes it's the same over composite.

Not much to look at, really. I was hoping for a repair project but I think this just isn't happening. More curious about what broke than anything else tbh. Thanks for the help.

J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idk if you already said this but have you tried a different tv?

Top Bottom