• Views 59,918
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok well today i had the worst luck because my computer from while erasing and locked up the drive. If this happens to you then here is the fix! By locked up i mean. It won't show up anymore, wont eject, basically it is bricked.

This works for both 74850C and 83850C drives.

Ok first you are going to need these files.

Lite-On Unlock Files
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/238999592/Lite-on_Unlock.rar

Venomous Fire said:

6.HP boot disk maker -
Code:
http://www.zshare.net/download/458271232ede9e/

7.Windows 98 boot files
Code:
 http://www.zshare.net/download/4582738b99e128/
Tutorial

Step 1:
Make your USB boot disk using the HP boot program and the windows 98 files
hppictr7.jpg

Now copy all the files out of the Lite-on Unlock folder you downloaded and put them at the root of the usb drive. Should look like this when done.
usb.jpg

Then take you modded firmware and put it at the root of your usb drive along with the other files. A must that the firmware is name Lite_CFU.bin. Now we can go into dos.

1.With your connectivity kit power off the drive and unplug the sata cable from the drive.

2. Then turn on your computer and have it boot the usb. Wait for it to load up and then move on.
3. When loaded up. You may now connect your sata cable back to your lite-on drive. Then power it on and type this.
Code:
[B][SIZE=3]l-o-eras.exe (then port number goes here)[/SIZE][/B]
Now you will be returned with a status code of FF80. That is not what we want. Now send the command again. This time you will be returned with a status code of FF72. That is good and what we want.
If you cannot get FF72 power cycle the drive and try again.

4. Power OFF your dvd drive using the connectivity kit. Now type this.
Code:
[B]Dosflash[/B]
Now it is going to list all of your drives and the mtk flash at the end asking if you would like to resend. Type in y for yes and power on your drive. It is going to ask you what drive you would like to effect. In my case it was 6. Look back up at your list it will be the one with your port number that you should know.
Ex. Mine said MTK flash faild on port CF00.
So you will type in the number. Mine was 6. Click enter.
5. Now it is going to ask you what you want to do.
Code:
[B]r= read
e=erase
w=write[/B]
So since you should alread have your firmware on your usb name to lite_cfu.bin all you need to do is hit E. Now it is going to say it is erasing. When it says its done. Power off your drive.
6. Now we are going to do the same thing from step 4-5. But instead this time when it ask what you want to do you are going to hit. W for write. So type w and hit enter. It is now going to ask for your firmware file name. You need to have it name lite_cfu.bin. I didn't and tried many times and it says firmware not there. I renamed it lite_cfu.bin and it works like a charm. So when it ask for your firmware file you will type.
Code:
[SIZE=3][B]lite_cfu.bin[/B][/SIZE]
7. Hit enter and it should start writing. When it is done. Power off your drive. Power down your computer. Then unhook everything and plug it back into your 360 and test it.

This has saved me and can save you in the event that your drive locks up on you.

Written by me. Not copied and pasted from anywhere.

If i help +rep or thank me!:biggrin:

h2player117

h2player117

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
is it a possibility that this is what happened to my benq and hitatchi?:smile:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Could be a possibility. But this is specifically for lite-on's

h2player117

h2player117

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
if i were to send you meh drive think you would be able to find a fix? or perhaps i can take a complete video of everything i do and send it to you?

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Ok well today i had the worst luck because my computer from while erasing and locked up the drive. If this happens to you then here is the fix! By locked up i mean. It won't show up anymore, wont eject, basically it is bricked.

Code:
[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/214751029/Lite-on_Unlock.rar.html"]Lite-on Unlock Files[/URL]
Put all of the files on a usb drive. Not the folder but copy all the files withing the folder and put them on the drive. Also when you do this add your modded firmware in there too. A must that the firmware is name lite_cfu.bin. Now we can go into dos.

1.With your connectivity kit power off the drive and unplug the sata cable from the drive.

2. Then turn on your computer and have it boot the usb. Wait for it to load up and then move on.
3. When loaded up. You may now connect your sata cable back to your lite-on drive. Then power it on and type this.
Code:
[B][SIZE=3]l-o-eras.exe[/SIZE][/B]
Now you will be returned with a status code of FF80. That is not what we want. Now send the command again. This time you will be returned with a status code of FF72. That is good and what we want.
Code:
[B]Dosflash[/B]
Now it is going to list all of your drives and the mtk flash at the end asking if you would like to resend. Type in y for yes and power on your drive. It is going to ask you what drive you would like to effect. In my case it was 6. Look back up at your list it will be the one with your port number that you should know.
Code:
[B]r= read
e=erase
w=write[/B]
So since you should alread have your firmware on your usb name to lite_cfu.bin all you need to do is hit E. Now it is going to say it is erasing. When it says its done. Power off your drive.
6. Now we are going to do the same thing from step 4-5. But instead this time when it ask what you want to do you are going to hit. W for write. So type w and hit enter. It is now going to ask for your firmware file name. You need to have it name lite_cfu.bin. I didn't and tried many times and it says firmware not there. I renamed it lite_cfu.bin and it works like a charm. So when it ask for your firmware file you will type.
Code:
7. Hit enter and it should start writing. When it is done. Power off your drive. Power down your computer. Then unhook everything and plug it back into your 360 and test it.

This has saved me and can save you in the event that your drive locks up on you.

In my experience modding these drives ive noticed that most PCs will freeze if you have outdated drivers for your chipset. Also when your drive does not respond to any command such as not ejecting or replying or "showing up" on your pc as anything or a device at all it is NOT bricked. The reason it does this is because when you hit erase it did just that it erased most or part of the firmware on the drive thus making the drive not show up or eject when prompted to because it has no firmware to control anything, and since you erased its firmware it cant tell the PC what it is. This is also another reason it doesnt give a correct FF status because its not completely erased.
Dont panic when this happends there is practicly no way to brick a liteon unless you put in the power adapter upside down and burn it out.

Also i noticed this....when you plug in a drive to flash under windows sometimes or most of the time your PC will freeze up....let it sit for a minute turn on then off your 360 drive and then back on again it usually starts to respond again and recognize the drive.

If this happends just prep your FW before hand create your FW and flash under DOS. Or you could try updating your chipset drivers and try again, i had this same problem untill i updated now i have no freeze ups what so ever on any drive i mod.

Message me if you want to share experiences or tips.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
TORO said:
In my experience modding these drives ive noticed that most PCs will freeze if you have outdated drivers for your chipset. Also when your drive does not respond to any command such as not ejecting or replying or "showing up" on your pc as anything or a device at all it is NOT bricked. The reason it does this is because when you hit erase it did just that it erased most or part of the firmware on the drive thus making the drive not show up or eject when prompted to because it has no firmware to control anything, and since you erased its firmware it cant tell the PC what it is. This is also another reason it doesnt give a correct FF status because its not completely erased.
Dont panic when this happends there is practicly no way to brick a liteon unless you put in the power adapter upside down and burn it out.

Also i noticed this....when you plug in a drive to flash under windows sometimes or most of the time your PC will freeze up....let it sit for a minute turn on then off your 360 drive and then back on again it usually starts to respond again and recognize the drive.

If this happends just prep your FW before hand create your FW and flash under DOS. Or you could try updating your chipset drivers and try again, i had this same problem untill i updated now i have no freeze ups what so ever on any drive i mod.

Message me if you want to share experiences or tips.
1. Never said it was bricked. Its just locked up because of the computer freezing in the erasing process. I know that a drive will not eject when it has no firmware. Nor will it respond to you in windows.
2. No it will not show back up if it is not showing up on startup. Believe me i tried it all before making this.
3. After this happens there is no way to recover it in windows. You need to go into dos to fix it.
4. Why the post? I am not asking for help. This is a tutorial not a support thread. So why you made it sound like i don't know whats going i don't know. But what you quote is the concrete fix to what you are talking about so yeah....

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
1. Never said it was bricked. Its just locked up because of the computer freezing in the erasing process. I know that a drive will not eject when it has no firmware. Nor will it respond to you in windows.
2. No it will not show back up if it is not showing up on startup. Believe me i tried it all before making this.
3. After this happens there is no way to recover it in windows. You need to go into dos to fix it.
4. Why the post? And why did you have to quote the tut making your post even longer...

1, If i miss read your first post you said "basically Bricked" sorry for that.

2, your right it wont show back up on startup but JF will recognize a device on the port that that drive is on.

3, same as 2 JF will see a device on sata port.

4, just responding to the post because i can and i just pushed quote to reply.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No jungle flasher will not detect anything on the port. I tried it many times. If it did i would have been able to use it to flash the drive. Since it didn't jungleflasher became useless. Yes basically the drive is bricked. It does not function eject or anything until you recover it back in dos.

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
No jungle flasher will not detect anything on the port. I tried it many times. If it did i would have been able to use it to flash the drive. Since it didn't jungleflasher became useless. Yes basically the drive is bricked. It does not function eject or anything until you recover it back in dos.

I think you need to re-evaluate what your trying to say first you say you didnt say it was bricked when you did then now your say it is.

Ive had different experiences with my PC so mine and yours may differ.

And no its not bricked. "bricked usually means in most terms useless" witch in this case its perfectly fine, it just needs its brains back. lol. not bircked.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
TORO said:
I think you need to re-evaluate what your trying to say first you say you didnt say it was bricked when you did then now your say it is.

Ive had different experiences with my PC so mine and yours may differ.

And no its not bricked. "bricked usually means in most terms useless" witch in this case its perfectly fine, it just needs its brains back. lol. not bircked.
I am not saying it is bricked. It is just like being bricked because the drive is not functioning at all or responding but it is truly not and can be recovered. USE YOUR EYES AND READ now leave the dam thread.

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
I am not saying it is bricked. It is just like being bricked because the drive is not functioning at all or responding but it is truly not and can be recovered. USE YOUR EYES AND READ now leave the dam thread.

Dont get mad dude, if you can handle another persons opions maybe you should take some lessons on social behavior and constructive criticism.

And yes you said it twice maybe you should go back and read your own posts.
Maybe you should use your eyes and read your OWN posts.

I never ment to piss anyone off.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I NEVER SAID DRIVE IS BRICKED. I said it is basically bricked. Just as good as bricked. Acts like its bricked. NEver once said THIS IS HOW TO RECOVER YOUR BRICKED LITE ON..... I use my eyes and can see that you are a little persistent bastard that is trying to say i don't know what im talking about.... Now stop cluttering my thread and leave.....

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
I NEVER SAID DRIVE IS BRICKED. I said it is basically bricked. Just as good as bricked. Acts like its bricked. NEver once said THIS IS HOW TO RECOVER YOUR BRICKED LITE ON..... I use my eye and can see that you are a little persistent bastard that is trying to say i don't know what im talking about.... Now stop cluttering my thread and leave.....

Wow dude. yeah ill leave....i guess your right. I guess some people just cant take it

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Reported. Hopefully get this cleaned back up without your crap in here.

You need to not accuse people of saying things they didn't. I don't like it and sure as hell others don't like it either. Now leave for good.

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:

Code:
[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/214751029/Lite-on_Unlock.rar.html"]Lite-on Unlock Files[/URL]
Put all of the files on a usb drive. Not the folder but copy all the files withing the folder and put them on the drive. Also when you do this add your modded firmware in there too. A must that the firmware is name lite_cfu.bin. Now we can go into dos.

Code:
[B][SIZE=3]l-o-eras.exe (then port number goes here)[/SIZE][/B]
Code:
[B]Dosflash[/B]
Code:
[B]r= read
e=erase
w=write[/B]
Code:

Couple things wrong with your tutorial. They are either listed below or marked in bold above
  • URL is dead. Feel free to use http://abolfazl.me/Clutter/L-O-Eras.zip
  • Filename does not need to be lite_cfu.bin it can be poop.bin for all you care just remember the file name
  • No need to do E (erase) then W (Write). W does an erase and a write
  • You add a LOT of steps that are not needed like turning off drive, running dosflash, and pressing Y. The easiest thing to do is l-o-eras ####, dosflash, No, #, W, Lite_cfw.bin. The drive would be on for this entire process

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Abolfazl said:
Couple things wrong with your tutorial. They are either listed below or marked in bold above
  • URL is dead. Feel free to use http://abolfazl.me/Clutter/L-O-Eras.zip
  • Filename does not need to be lite_cfu.bin it can be poop.bin for all you care just remember the file name
  • No need to do E (erase) then W (Write). W does an erase and a write
  • You add a LOT of steps that are not needed like turning off drive, running dosflash, and pressing Y. The easiest thing to do is l-o-eras ####, dosflash, No, #, W, Lite_cfw.bin. The drive would be on for this entire process
That's nice......

Do it however you want.

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Link was dead. You just fixed it after I posted.
EclipseModz said:
Alright i uploaded it to my premium account this time. So it should be up for a long long time. Ill fix it in the thread too.
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (RapidShare: Easy Filehosting)

Im not saying yours is wrong, calm down.
Im just saying it can be shortened. Just as you can turn your drive off and on between steps but it would be faster to just not have to do anything
Lite_cfu is just what you made up. It can be anything you want.
If drive was bricked it would come up as FFFF

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Abolfazl said:
Link was dead. You just fixed it after I posted.

Im not saying yours is wrong, calm down.
Im just saying it can be shortened. Just as you can turn your drive off and on between steps but it would be faster to just not have to do anything
Lite_cfu is just what you made up. It can be anything you want.
If drive was bricked it would come up as FFFF
I didn't fix it because you posted it. I fixed it because chicken pm'd me... Then i posted it in that thread, pm'd it to him, then came in here and edited it. I didn't even look at the post. I just now saw your post....

Top Bottom
Login
Register