• Thread starter xeroxmodz
  • Start date
  • Views 910
xeroxmodz

xeroxmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so one of my friends recently gave me an iPhone for free that is on AT&T, but the problem is that I am on T-Mobile and don't have money to buy a service on ebay. Is there any free way of unlocking my iPhone besides ultrasn0w?

iOS: 6.1
Baseband: 4.12.05

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so one of my friends recently gave me an iPhone for free that is on AT&T, but the problem is that I am on T-Mobile and don't have money to buy a service on ebay. Is there any free way of unlocking my iPhone besides ultrasn0w?

iOS: 6.1
Baseband: 4.12.05

Alright so one of the best things you can do is email AT&T directly through this email: [email protected]-mail.com

When you compose your email be sure to be a specific and honest as possible. Literally tell them your whole story, your chances are higher than if you make up a story. Be sure to mention everything you put in your OP, not enough money, etc.
If that doesn't work you can try again a few times because the email goes into a pot of emails which customer service employees draw from, so you will probably get a different employee each time you email them. The only cost to using this method is that you have to restore your phone, but when you think about it, it's worth the cost because it is permanently factory unlocked, unlike with the jailbreak method where you have to re-unlock your phone each time. Now, when you write your email, be sure to include your IMEI number. You find it in the about page on your phone: Settings>About.
There are always the paid methods too, but seeing as you don't have very much money, don't worry about those. Hopefully this works out for you.

xeroxmodz

xeroxmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so one of the best things you can do is email AT&T directly through this email: [email protected]-mail.com

When you compose your email be sure to be a specific and honest as possible. Literally tell them your whole story, your chances are higher than if you make up a story. Be sure to mention everything you put in your OP, not enough money, etc.
If that doesn't work you can try again a few times because the email goes into a pot of emails which customer service employees draw from, so you will probably get a different employee each time you email them. The only cost to using this method is that you have to restore your phone, but when you think about it, it's worth the cost because it is permanently factory unlocked, unlike with the jailbreak method where you have to re-unlock your phone each time. Now, when you write your email, be sure to include your IMEI number. You find it in the about page on your phone: Settings>About.
There are always the paid methods too, but seeing as you don't have very much money, don't worry about those. Hopefully this works out for you.
Will it still work because I don't have, and never have had AT&T? I have always had T-Mobile.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Will it still work because I don't have, and never have had AT&T? I have always had T-Mobile.

Ya that's the only part I'm not sure about. You could always try it. The worst they could say is no. I would send them an email for you but I have never used AT&T either, I have always had Verizon.

xeroxmodz

xeroxmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya that's the only part I'm not sure about. You could always try it. The worst they could say is no. I would send them an email for you but I have never used AT&T either, I have always had Verizon.
I'm going to email them now and see what they say...

xeroxmodz

xeroxmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. Good luck :biggrin:
I sent them the email and they said that I needed to use their request portal or whatever and I did and they said that I needed to fax them a copy of the original receipt (which I don't have). So my iPhone is pointless to have at this point.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I sent them the email and they said that I needed to use their request portal or whatever and I did and they said that I needed to fax them a copy of the original receipt (which I don't have). So my iPhone is pointless to have at this point.

Can you get the original receipt from your friend? Otherwise your iPhone 4 is just going to be a paper weight until ultrasn0w is updated with your baseband. Those are the only two free methods I have found.

xeroxmodz

xeroxmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you get the original receipt from your friend? Otherwise your iPhone 4 is just going to be a paper weight until ultrasn0w is updated with your baseband. Those are the only two free methods I have found.
The phone is like 2 years old theres no way he would have it... I hope ultrasn0w updates soon.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
The phone is like 2 years old theres no way he would have it... I hope ultrasn0w updates soon.

Sorry about that :/
You can always ask, he may have it somewhere...it's doubtful though. I'm sure they will update it sooner or later. You still have another phone right?

Top Bottom
Login
Register