What's new

Tutorial How To Unlock All (Including Hidden & DLC) Armor, Visors, Weapons, Camos, Abilities, Stances, Emblems (USB)

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This will unlock EVERYTHING for you and works online, even DLC skins, DLC armor, two weapon skins that can only be obtained via modding ("Blast" & "Concrete" pictured below), and one armor set that can only be obtained via modding ("Orbital SWFT" pictured below).

1UmDwfK.jpg

uynmLD5.jpg

I figured I would write this out, as I have been seeing a lot of people having issues with this. The way that I managed to get this mod to work was combining instructions/suggestions from Alex673 and ManBearPig06.

[EDIT October 8, 2014]: After noticing how a significant number of people were having issues with my initial method, DAT C001 LOSER was kind enough to provide extra insights into completing this mod with ease. I want to thank him and give him credit for Step 7 in Part 2 and for providing troubleshooting details for Step 8 in Part 2.

[EDIT February 16, 2017]: I finally got around to updating this guide. Several people have told me that the original method I posted still works as does the Alternative method by DAT C001 LOSER, but that these methods do not work for everyone out there. However, it seems the best method to use nowadays is the one written out by ItsFluffy in this thread. Long over-due, I have now included his method in this OP under "Alternative Method #2." Considering everyone I know of that has used his method has done this mod successfully, I encourage anyone to give his method a go first before trying my method and DAT C001 LOSER's method.

• NOTE: It is best to do this mod using a fresh .gpd, but can be done otherwise. To get a fresh .gpd, you would need to delete your profile off your 360 and then re-download it from Xbox Live.
  • NOTE: This mod will NOT inhibit you from Hex editing other parts of your profile. For example, you can Hex edit your armor color still, i.e. nothing will be broken.
  • NOTE: This method will not unlock the ACT skin for the Battle Rifle for MOST people. The consensus seems to be that if you have the pre-order content on your hard drive, you can unlock the skin for other accounts on your console using this method. If you don’t have the pre-order content, then what typically happens is either ACT doesn’t unlock at all or it unlocks, but will become re-locked once connected to XBL. This camo is the one exception to this method otherwise unlocking everything.
  • NOTE: If you receive a message that the game or your profile was last launched or signed in on another console, simply eject your disc and then put it back in.
  • NOTE: Even when people do not mod their XP or level, they sometimes will get the error message "Online EXP-Limit reached" after every match they play and they won't earn XP for that match. DON'T WORRY! This is a minor side effect of the mod and the error message and EXP issue will go away leaving everything fine within 24 hours.
PART 1: Modding the Profile

1. Transfer your profile onto a 360-formatted USB.
2. Plug the USB into your computer and open up Horizon. (Modio works too)
3. Access your profile's contents and extract [right click > extract file] the 4D530919.gpd to your desktop.
4. Go to http://absurdlyobfuscated.com/xxse/
(Alternatively, you can download an offline version of the aforementioned site here. The .zip file contains an HTML file and a few other script files, no .exe files. All you would need to do is open the HTML with Firefox and proceed normally from here with the following steps. Obviously, you won't need to upload and download like you would normally.)
5. Scroll down slightly, click "Halo 4" in the list of games and then click "Select Game."
6. Click "Choose File" and select your 4D530919.gpd from your desktop.
7. After your .gpd file loads, scroll all the way to the bottom of the webpage and click "Unlock All Armory Items" and "Override Requirements."
NOTE: Be sure you click to override the requirements, otherwise it will not work.
8. Make any other changes to your gpd that you wish on the site. When you are done, click "Save."
9. The site will show a modified gpd file and you will have to right click and "save target as" to save it to your computer.
10. Move your non-modded gpd to a safe location as a backup, rename the modified gpd to 4D530919.gpd, and inject the modified .gpd file back into your profile using Horizon [right click > inject file] (Modio works too).
11. Save, Rehash, Resign back to USB and you are done with modding your gpd.

PART 2: Getting the Mod to Stick

1. Turn on your 360 normally and remain on the Dashboard with your USB plugged in to the console. Do not sign in yet.
NOTE: Leave your profile on your USB as opposed to transferring it to your Hard Drive for now.
2. Disconnect your Ethernet cable or wireless adapter so that you cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. If you are using a slim's built-in wireless, you will need to go to network settings and hit Y on your wireless connection to disconnect.
3. Sign in to your profile.
4. Reconnect your ethernet cable or wireless adapter. If you are using a Slim's built-in wireless, reconnect to your wifi, but do not accept the network test as that will sign out your profile.
5. You should be signed in to your profile, but not connected to LIVE. At this point, start Halo 4 (it should keep you offline when you start the game).
6. Check to see if the mod worked.
7. Start up an offline Customs game and end it after a few seconds.
NOTE: Sometimes, it will still automatically connect you to Xbox Live. Every time this has occurred to me, the mods still worked.
8. Hit the guide button, and select "Connect to Xbox LIVE" (unless it automatically connected you, of course).
NOTE: If you receive a message that the game or your profile was last launched or signed in on another console, simply eject your disc and then put it back in. If the message remains, press the Xbox Home Button on your controller.
9. Play and finish a game online to be sure everything sticks.
NOTE: Once everything has stuck, you can move your profile off of your USB.

PART 3: Troubleshooting: For anyone having issues getting this to work:

Alternative Method by Codename Ghost Codename Ghost :

1: Delete & Re-Download your account for a fresh .GPD
2: Transfer your Profile to the usb.
3: GO BACK TO THE XBOX DASHBOARD.
4: Mod the Profile on your computer with the steps listed above. (BE SURE TO RE-HASH/RESIGN)
5: Plug your USB back into your xbox, you that should be on the dashboard, SIGN OUT!
6: Launch Halo 4. When asked to sign in, choose "Temporary Profile" and continue to Infinity menu and then to "War Games". From there, click custom game but do not start it.
7: Sign in to your profile and you'll be good.

Alternative Method #2 by ItsFluffy :
1: Delete & Re-Download your account for a fresh .GPD.
2: Disconnect Ethernet Cable.
3: Mod the Profile on your computer with the steps listed above. (BE SURE TO RE-HASH/RESIGN).
4: Plug USB drive into xbox.
5: Start up Halo 4.
6: Select Storage Device other than the one the profile is actually on (e.g. If it is on your USB, pick your HDD).
7: Start a custom game match. While the countdown of the game is starting, re-connect Ethernet Cable.
8: End the game after 5-10 seconds.
9: Edit Loadouts. (Make some changes, you don't need to edit every class to the max though)
10: Press Start, go to Network, and Select Xbox Live.
11: Keep your profile on your USB and play for a few matches in matchmaking.

Other Troubleshooting Notes:
  • Try deleting your profile off of your console and recovering your account so that you can start with a fresh .gpd
  • Try launching Halo 4 without signing into your profile. The game will prompt you to sign in/choose storage device when you're making your way to the main menu. Follow the prompts and check to see if the mods stuck.
  • Try using a different USB stick
  • If you receive a message that the game or your profile was last launched or signed in on another console, simply eject your disc and then put it back in. If the message remains, press the Xbox Home Button on your controller.
Video Showing Unlockables in Halo 4 by Zxath

Last edited:
B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone able to get the Battle Rifle ACT? I can't seem to mod it, it's the only thing that doesn't stick.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone able to get the Battle Rifle ACT? I can't seem to mod it, it's the only thing that doesn't stick.
Let me check to see if it worked on my GF's account when I modded hers.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It works on my GF's account. Sometimes one or two shoulder pieces don't stick, maybe in your case it is just that camo. I would say try again, but I'm sure you've done that already.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
It works on my GF's account. Sometimes one or two shoulder pieces don't stick, maybe in your case it is just that camo. I would say try again, but I'm sure you've done that already.
Does she have the pre order content on her hard drive?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a high chance or a low chance of getting banned?
There is always a risk of a ban. However, I've had this for months and nothing has happened to me.
Her Gamertag is on my xbox, but on whatever hard drive I use, I think the camo still shows up. I'll test that later tonight after work.

RhysZombieSlayer

RhysZombieSlayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There is always a risk of a ban. However, I've had this for months and nothing has happened to me.

Her Gamertag is on my xbox, but on whatever hard drive I use, I think the camo still shows up. I'll test that later tonight after work.
Good to know, now I can get gungir and Mark VI. Thanks a bunch.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just realized something, even if I test her account on another hard drive, it will still be unlocked because it is synched up with the servers. Now then, you could always try following this tutorial, but only checking off the ACT and override its requirements.
Good to know, now I can get gungir and Mark VI. Thanks a bunch.
Not to mention, everything else in the game :wink:

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
I just realized something, even if I test her account on another hard drive, it will still be unlocked because it is synched up with the servers. Now then, you could always try following this tutorial, but only checking off the ACT and override its requirements.

Not to mention, everything else in the game :wink:
I unlocked everything except the ACT BR, that is the only thing it took away when I logged onto XBL. I would sync it with the server if I could.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I unlocked everything except the ACT BR, that is the only thing it took away when I logged onto XBL. I would sync it with the server if I could.
That's very strange. Have you tried multiple attempts? Perhaps you could try it on someone's xbox who has the pre-order.
Does it hurt if you delete your old gpd from your profile?
In all honesty, I don't think so. If you delete that gpd, and then go back onto Halo 4 with xbox live connected your gpd will return. Essentially you would probably be doing the same thing as deleting your profile and then recovering it. I would suggest the latter method as I know for sure that it works. Even if you do delete your gpd though, you'll get a new one when you go onto Halo 4 and your stats should re-sync. From there, you can just mod it.

G

Ghostly Wolf

Reaction score
Sin$
The Fotus and Raid armor won't load when I sign into xbox live but when im offline they work. Any suggestions?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The Fotus and Raid armor won't load when I sign into xbox live but when im offline they work. Any suggestions?
Try running through the steps again except just try clicking on those two armors and overriding their requirements this time. A similar problem occurred with my GF's account when the one shoulder piece would not work.

Bnana

Bnana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It Keeps Saying you've played this game recently on another console. I don't know why but it does.

Top Bottom
Login
Register