What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discovery Unlimited Skill and Hero Points

• Thread starter johnnypotseed
  • Start date
  • Views 5,472
johnnypotseed

johnnypotseed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is possible to max out both primary and secondary skill trees with skill points. And your attributes in hero stats with hero points . It happened to a friend; we'll call him "Jim".

So, Jim was playing tiny tinas and was in the process of respecing his skill and hero points when he got disconnected due to the server issues the game was having in the first few days. When he logged back in, he discovered that he had been refunded all of his skill and hero points, but that the ones he had already spent still remained active on the trees. So he spent what had been refunded and maxed out everything. Both skill trees and all of his attributes, I'm talking 30's across the board people. After that he logged out, and everything stuck. The next time he played, he still had maxed out stats, so it definitely saves.

I have tried to re-create because I want maxed out stats myself. Unfortunately I have been un-successful.
tried respecing and going offline. didn't work
tried going offline and respecing. didn't work

then I remembered the skill point glitch from Borderlands 3, where you get in a lobby with a lot of lag, respec and spend the points really fast, then log out before the system catches up from the lag. when you log back in you keep the points you spent and are able to spend them again to fill the remaining spots on your skill trees thus maxing them out. So, I tried a version of that. I filled Izzy's Fizzies with as many guns as I could before they started disappearing, got a secondary character with a companion in the lobby to run around and shoot stuff and make noise. I had Spotify running in the background, and the store open in the background as well. Even went as far as using a udp flooder to try and lag my network to slow it down. I have a Gigabyte connection and Xbox series X so I don't really get any lag to begin with. it wasn't enough to get the job done. I was experiencing a little lag, but as soon as I started spending points, it started deducting from the point count. So that didn't work for me either, but I'm think maybe my setup has something to do with that. I am going to try with my 1st gen Xbox 1 and see if I can get different results, but I'm not sure even if it did work, if it would carry over to the series s/x save...

So, that's where I'm at with this. I do have a picture of my friends maxed out stats, but I'm not sure how to add a pic to this post. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

link for pic: pic for verification

*blocked out the names because "jim" was afraid his account might get reset.

Last edited:
M

Mnx

Banned
Frame In Gold Platinum Record Bug Finder
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It is possible to max out both primary and secondary skill trees with skill points. And your attributes in hero stats with hero points . It happened to a friend; we'll call him "Jim".

So, Jim was playing tiny tinas and was in the process of respecing his skill and hero points when he got disconnected due to the server issues the game was having in the first few days. When he logged back in, he discovered that he had been refunded all of his skill and hero points, but that the ones he had already spent still remained active on the trees. So he spent what had been refunded and maxed out everything. Both skill trees and all of his attributes, I'm talking 30's across the board people. After that he logged out, and everything stuck. The next time he played, he still had maxed out stats, so it definitely saves.

I have tried to re-create because I want maxed out stats myself. Unfortunately I have been un-successful.
tried respecing and going offline. didn't work
tried going offline and respecing. didn't work

then I remembered the skill point glitch from Borderlands 3, where you get in a lobby with a lot of lag, respec and spend the points really fast, then log out before the system catches up from the lag. when you log back in you keep the points you spent and are able to spend them again to fill the remaining spots on your skill trees thus maxing them out. So, I tried a version of that. I filled Izzy's Fizzies with as many guns as I could before they started disappearing, got a secondary character with a companion in the lobby to run around and shoot stuff and make noise. I had Spotify running in the background, and the store open in the background as well. Even went as far as using a udp flooder to try and lag my network to slow it down. I have a Gigabyte connection and Xbox series X so I don't really get any lag to begin with. it wasn't enough to get the job done. I was experiencing a little lag, but as soon as I started spending points, it started deducting from the point count. So that didn't work for me either, but I'm think maybe my setup has something to do with that. I am going to try with my 1st gen Xbox 1 and see if I caIll n get different results, but I'm not sure even if it did work, if it would carry over to the series s/x save...

So, that's where I'm at with this. I do have a picture of my friends maxed out stats, but I'm not sure how to add a pic to this post. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hey just use imgur and copy/paste the link it outputs for images, you can edit your post and add that imgur picture.

Nice thread. I'll be watching this thread for any developments

johnnypotseed

johnnypotseed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey just use imgur and copy/paste the link it outputs for images, you can edit your post and add that imgur picture.

Nice thread. I'll be watching this thread for any developments
thank you!

Top Bottom
Login
Register