• Thread starter Mathematic
  • Start date
  • Views 21,988
Mathematic

Mathematic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
While farming for spin metal me and my roommate discovered a method to make it respawn in the same location. I have not seen this posted previously, although it may have been. I do not have the means of recording this so I will try my best to clearly explain in a text tut.

Example:
Everyone knows where the loot cave is. Well if you go into the crashed ship right beside it and go as far as you can the location changes. I had a spin metal spawn right outside of the ship for me I grabbed it ran down into the ship as far back as I could go the location changed then I ran back and the spin metal was there again I countinued this until I racked up about 65 spin metal.

When you travel through buildings or across the worlds in patrol mode you go into different sectors or providence. Basically if you suck one part of Earth dry and drive to the next sector them come right back the materials will be spawned in different locations. However, we have discovered a way to make the resource spawn back in the same location.

Step one: Find a material or loot chest close to where the location changes. (When you change location it will show up in the bottom right side above your special ability hud)

Step two: When you grab a material it stays there for a limited time so other players around you can have a chance to grab it. This is the part where you take advantage. Basically you grab the material cross to the other location as fast as you can then you come back. If you did this before the item would usually disappear it will still be there able to be collected again.

Step three: Rinse and repeat :smile:

I have done this in two locations on Earth both were inside buildings. The best one was done with a chest where I was getting multiple spin metal at a time sometimes as much a 8 in a single chest.

Hope this tut makes sense and helps guys!

Last edited:
s1ckmad3

s1ckmad3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yup been doing this since the 1st week cave farming was discovered but nice reminder im pretty sure this method was posted on the destiny ultimate thread (i think thats what its called)

Mathematic

Mathematic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yup been doing this since the 1st week cave farming was discovered but nice reminder im pretty sure this method was posted on the destiny ultimate thread (i think thats what its called)

Oh sorry I didn't see anything in the glitch section about it so I thought I would share.

Tmayz

Tmayz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any good spot to do this for relic iron? To me that seems to be the most irritating material to find.

P

pr0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Found this on Venus just days into the game.. guess I'll say goodbye to this now

Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Any good spot to do this for relic iron? To me that seems to be the most irritating material to find.
Relic Iron is the easiest for me! Just go round the first area to every cave over and over for chests. Whilst your doing that, a Relic Iron will sometimes spawn on some rocks etc.

Mathematic

Mathematic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been posted already good job.

I'm pretty active on viewing these forums and as I said in my initial post I have not seen it posted although it may have been. Which would mean people who occasionally glance wouldn't have seen them. So no need to post sarcastic remarks to get your post count up when all I'm trying to do is help the community.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty active on viewing these forums and as I said in my initial post I have not seen it posted although it may have been. Which would mean people who occasionally glance wouldn't have seen them. So no need to post sarcastic remarks to get your post count up when all I'm trying to do is help the community.
I'm not worried about post count bud. Good day. It's just a number. Also, you claim you're active with "viewing the forums" yet you don't use a search function or have anywhere near the amount of posts I have. Yet you claim it's about post count? No it's about seeing duplicate threads on the same thing, I would see them because I actually actively view the forums and Post.

Mathematic

Mathematic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not worried about post count bud. Good day. It's just a number. Also, you claim you're active with "viewing the forums" yet you don't use a search function or have anywhere near the amount of posts I have. Yet you claim it's about post count? No it's about seeing duplicate threads on the same thing, I would see them because I actually actively view the forums and Post.

Been on here since Halo 3, hosted WAW, MW2, & Bioshock 2 lobbies. Not my first account bud. You probably still had to ask permission from your parents to get on Disney.com back them.

Budluvr92

Budluvr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This still works got over 100 spin metal on earth at a spot I found. Constantly spawning a spin metal on the ground and also if you time it right you can get a box too. Very easy. Thanks op!!

Im4eversmart

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Glitcher Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having a little trouble with this. I get the resource, move areas, come back, and repeat. The problem is after the 2nd time coming back, it despawns, and it doesn't come back for awhile. Is there a trick to this?

RaineyKins

RaineyKins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having a little trouble with this. I get the resource, move areas, come back, and repeat. The problem is after the 2nd time coming back, it despawns, and it doesn't come back for awhile. Is there a trick to this?

If people are in the same room, it can cause it to despawn. One reason it was unpopular during the cave farming.

eAsymAc187

eAsymAc187

CL4P-TP
Reaction score
Sin$
Had a chest keep spawning on Venus, got about 4 legendary engrams in about 15 runs until somebody got close and it stopped appearing.

Budluvr92

Budluvr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can find a spot for this to work I suggest exploiting the crap out of it cause this is for sure the next one they will patch.

Phoenix 710

Phoenix 710

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Where is a good spot to do this at. Having a hard time making it in time

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I know good spot for farming iron yesterday farmed 150 iron in 1,5h it's not with that glitch and it's was already posted

Budluvr92

Budluvr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Where is a good spot to do this at. Having a hard time making it in time
Depends what material your trying to get. Good thing to do is go to patrol mode on any planet and drive until you enter a new area(pops up saying name of area) then find either a chest or the raw material on the ground and pick it up then use sparrow and hall butt to that area where the name changes and then hall butt back and it will be there unless you take too long to get back. Try with no people around and find a spot that's close enough not to despawn on you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register