Solved Unkown Xbox360 Console Help Identify & Help W/ Fixing DVD Drive

• Thread starter hellhelix1337
  • Start date
  • Views 857
hellhelix1337

hellhelix1337

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Se7ensins community! So I recently came across and Xbox360 console which was given to me completely free, but here is the problem first off the Xbox360 does not read disc the console shows the open tray issue. I have tried several methods towards fixing the drive including: [adjusting the laser pot; cleaning laser; resetting/moving laser; oiling rail/motor, checked the drives magnet]. Other than this issue the Xbox360 runs perfectly fine! So if anyone could help possibly fix this issue it would greatly appreciated!

So recently I found out that this Xbox360's DVD Drive is a Benq which is very odd because the manufacturer date on the chase said 2008 and the top part of the DVD drive case say Liteon... I plugged the drive into my pc using Team Xecuter's CK3i and VIA6421 PCI Sata Card I also used Jungleflasher to identify the drive and sure enough the drive is a Benq. So heres the deal I don't believe Xbox360s manufactured after 2007 had Benqs... The guy I got this Xbox360 from said he doesn't know exactly if all the parts are for this Xbox such as the chase, he said he might have swapped the case because he couldn't remember which one went on which Xbox(he has one at home that he plays which works fine) So I fear the worst and that this DVD Drive is not from this Xbox360 rendering this Xbox360 sorta useless when if comes to playing DVD Media.

However I took a look at the Xbox360 and I honesty can not figure out what Xbox360 console this is! I have looked at different diagrams and the power input does not really match any on the diagram, I also know this console has the older styled heat sinks... I feel like this console might actually be a 2007 which would make this benq correct and the chase were just simply swapped accidentally. Anyways here is a video of what the drive does and some pictures of the consoles any help is highly appreciated!!

[Unkown Xbox 360 Benq DVD Drive Open Tray Issue ]-

The Coon

The Coon

I just lick clits and make memes bro ~ KoMa
Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Se7ensins community! So I recently came across and Xbox360 console which was given to me completely free, but here is the problem first off the Xbox360 does not read disc the console shows the open tray issue. I have tried several methods towards fixing the drive including: [adjusting the laser pot; cleaning laser; resetting/moving laser; oiling rail/motor, checked the drives magnet]. Other than this issue the Xbox360 runs perfectly fine! So if anyone could help possibly fix this issue it would greatly appreciated!

So recently I found out that this Xbox360's DVD Drive is a Benq which is very odd because the manufacturer date on the chase said 2008 and the top part of the DVD drive case say Liteon... I plugged the drive into my pc using Team Xecuter's CK3i and VIA6421 PCI Sata Card I also used Jungleflasher to identify the drive and sure enough the drive is a Benq. So heres the deal I don't believe Xbox360s manufactured after 2007 had Benqs... The guy I got this Xbox360 from said he doesn't know exactly if all the parts are for this Xbox such as the chase, he said he might have swapped the case because he couldn't remember which one went on which Xbox(he has one at home that he plays which works fine) So I fear the worst and that this DVD Drive is not from this Xbox360 rendering this Xbox360 sorta useless when if comes to playing DVD Media.

However I took a look at the Xbox360 and I honesty can not figure out what Xbox360 console this is! I have looked at different diagrams and the power input does not really match any on the diagram, I also know this console has the older styled heat sinks... I feel like this console might actually be a 2007 which would make this benq correct and the chase were just simply swapped accidentally. Anyways here is a video of what the drive does and some pictures of the consoles any help is highly appreciated!!

<snip>

Its a Zephyr.

hellhelix1337

hellhelix1337

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for your help with identifying this console! I also made a mistake in my post the console's case says manufactured in 2009 I will upload a picture when I get the chance... Also if its a Zephr that means the cases were probably swapped and this benq drive belongs with this motherboard? If so that is great news besides having a dysfunctional drive lol

The Coon

The Coon

I just lick clits and make memes bro ~ KoMa
Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for your help with identifying this console! I also made a mistake in my post the console's case says manufactured in 2009 I will upload a picture when I get the chance... Also if its a Zephr that means the cases were probably swapped and this benq drive belongs with this motherboard? If so that is great news besides having a dysfunctional drive lol

Have you tried to pot tweak the laser?

hellhelix1337

hellhelix1337

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I did... I posted the video of what it does... It actually started to get worst it acts like theres not even a disc in there now. It will spin and the laser light comes on but then it stops as if there were no disc inserted. Im starting to think I need a new laser

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I did... I posted the video of what it does... It actually started to get worst it acts like theres not even a disc in there now. It will spin and the laser light comes on but then it stops as if there were no disc inserted. Im starting to think I need a new laser

Time for a new dvd drive bud, They are not expensive and you can keep your old drive for when updates roll around.

But IMO. if your keeping this and you want to play backups of your games, Go for a Wasabi 360 or a Xkey. They both act as an ODDE and let you play backups of your games via External HDD.

A Toast

A Toast

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

what dashboard are you on ? The drive might have been spoofed.

A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dump the NAND, even without the CPU key you'll be able to tell which drive was originally in it.
If you don't have the dumping tools, best to just get another machine, really.
You'll have to dump NAND, chip it, install Xell, get the CPU key, use the CPU key to decipher proper rev of DVD drive, FIND proper DVD drive, install proper key, remove chip, flash stock NAND back. Too much effort for a box this old.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
^This, it sounds like the drive could easily not be the original in which case youd have to get the key off the NAND. Have you tried playing a DVD movie?

Top Bottom
Login
Register