• Thread starter pwfdc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,476
P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Donations for both my upcoming game studio and YouTube are both GREATLY appreciated, however...it is not required.
If you donate to ColdfireTube, donations will be used for better quality videos, more games, upgrades, etc.
If you donate to my game studio, all donations will go to licenses, bettering the games, and more.
NO DONATIONS WILL BE CROSSED!
Click here to donate to ColdfireTube.
Click here to donate to game studio.

Also, have you ever tried premium?!
You should! Click here to get it!

Watch on the official ColdfireTube website

Feedback, whether negative or positive, is always accepted and taken under heavy consideration! Please leave it!
If you would like to see a specific tutorial, please suggest it below.

Chronic Man

Chronic Man

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Donations for both my upcoming game studio and YouTube are both GREATLY appreciated, however...it is not required.
If you donate to ColdfireTube, donations will be used for better quality videos, more games, upgrades, etc.
If you donate to my game studio, all donations will go to licenses, bettering the games, and more.
NO DONATIONS WILL BE CROSSED!
Click here to donate to ColdfireTube.
Click here to donate to game studio.

Also, have you ever tried premium?!
You should! Click here to get it!

Watch on the official ColdfireTube website

Feedback, whether negative or positive, is always accepted and taken under heavy consideration! Please leave it!
If you would like to see a specific tutorial, please suggest it below.

Good tutorial Man, Don't Use Unity Much tho, DO you Have Any Experience in C# For cryengine?

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Good tutorial Man, Don't Use Unity Much tho, DO you Have Any Experience in C# For cryengine?
I have not been able to get my hand on CryEngine. I believe they have a public SDK, but that doesn't help me at all.

Chronic Man

Chronic Man

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have not been able to get my hand on CryEngine. I believe they have a public SDK, but that doesn't help me at all.
I agree Im More Of a 3D modeler/Environment Artist And i Love doing this but i Cant get to Grips with coding in cryengine Can script abit, but Like your tutorials and well detailed and Informitive this is why i was asking so maybe you could do a tutorial on this So Its not just environment work atm

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I agree Im More Of a 3D modeler/Environment Artist And i Love doing this but i Cant get to Grips with coding in cryengine Can script abit, but Like your tutorials and well detailed and Informitive this is why i was asking so maybe you could do a tutorial on this So Its not just environment work atm
Honestly, CryEngine is something you...
1) Have the SDK
2) Have a lot of money
or 3) Have a cracked version.
I don't have any. Plus I'm the best with Unity. :tongue: So.

Chronic Man

Chronic Man

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, CryEngine is something you...
1) Have the SDK
2) Have a lot of money
or 3) Have a cracked version.
I don't have any. Plus I'm the best with Unity. :tongue: So.

I Just Pay For it, Since i Like Environment/3d modeling I think it Gives the best Visual Outcome, But if i don't come to Grips with the coding in it, i will Probably Switch Over to unity if i ever want to turn it into a full game, hopefully you keep these tutorial series going and maybe will be worth the switch :tongue:

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I Just Pay For it, Since i Like Environment/3d modeling I think it Gives the best Visual Outcome, But if i don't come to Grips with the coding in it, i will Probably Switch Over to unity if i ever want to turn it into a full game, hopefully you keep these tutorial series going and maybe will be worth the switch :tongue:
I plan to! :biggrin:

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
*cough* Photon Tutorial *cough*

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$

What do you mean by photon? Do you mean photon mapping a technique for global illumination because that is incredibly computationally expensive if done accurately and I doubt Unity has that sort of ability in real time.

@OP these seem like good tutorials but rather than making a new thread every time, just have a single thread and organise it there. That way it's all in one place for people.

EDIT: Just had a look and it seems Unity has support for GPGPU with compute shaders. So a decent global illumination technique good be implemented in real time. Interesting, never knew Unity allowed that in the free version.

Z61

Z61

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by photon? Do you mean photon mapping a technique for global illumination because that is incredibly computationally expensive if done accurately and I doubt Unity has that sort of ability in real time.

@OP these seem like good tutorials but rather than making a new thread every time, just have a single thread and organise it there. That way it's all in one place for people.

EDIT: Just had a look and it seems Unity has support for GPGPU with compute shaders. So a decent global illumination technique good be implemented in real time. Interesting, never knew Unity allowed that in the free version.
I meant a multiplayer framework that's built for Unity.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they're good tutorials! And there's a few reasons I don't do it all in one...
1) I have every tutorial someone posts linked in this thread...so if it was all in one it would be pointless...
2) A thread can only allow you to embed so many things.
3) It's easier for feedback.

They've changed things around that I have to relearn. :frown:

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they're good tutorials! And there's a few reasons I don't do it all in one...
1) I have every tutorial someone posts linked in this thread...so if it was all in one it would be pointless...
2) A thread can only allow you to embed so many things.
3) It's easier for feedback.

They've changed things around that I have to relearn. :frown:

Meh pretty sure you can embed quite a few videos in one post. It would still help with organisation as this section looks quite cluttered when alot of the threads are "Unity C# Tutorial..."

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Meh pretty sure you can embed quite a few videos in one post. It would still help with organisation as this section looks quite cluttered when alot of the threads are "Unity C# Tutorial..."
This isn't a conversation meant for here. If you have a problem with how I do things, then take it up with a moderator and have them talk to me...however, this will mess up the stickied thread and much more for me and I see no problem with how I do things. So.

WUB WUB M8

WUB WUB M8

Kali Linux and I are the best of friends.
Reaction score
Sin$
I could barely hear you, also I have a few suggestions. Doing Unity Physics just in general. Second, all the basics in Unity to going over advanced topics in Unity.

Z61

Z61

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I could barely hear you, also I have a few suggestions. Doing Unity Physics just in general. Second, all the basics in Unity to going over advanced topics in Unity.
Why should he re-do what has already been done? There's hundreds of tutorials out there for Unity, there is no need for him to do beginner ones when they already exist.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I am aware that the audio was meh, I believe the take I upload was like the 3 or 4th and I had become tired and was speaking lower than I originally had intended. I've fixed this with upcoming videos. I sincerely apologize.

WUB WUB M8 WUB WUB M8 , if you have a suggestion of some new tutorials...please comment in my "What do you wanna see?" thread...
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/what-do-you-wanna-see.1207043/

Also Z61 Z61 , I try to do ones that aren't commonly done or it's been a very long time since good ones have been posted. Also, how I do it in my tutorials is different which is why they are longer. I explain much more and actually "teach" what I'm doing a video on. If that makes sense.

SHiiFT

SHiiFT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tut Coldfire. Glad to see you're not stuck on one website posting your stuff.

Top Bottom
Login
Register