Unhide Library Folder in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pixLation, Feb 25, 2011 with 3 replies and 669,957 views.

1. pixLation

pixLation Banned

Ratings:
    Okay, so I know most of you probably don't have the dev release of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, but I got it today, and a really big thing was changed... Apple hid the Library folder which is usually in your Home folder. After a little bit of searching, I found the answer on how to unhide it.

Because it is a folder hidden by Apple, it is flagged, so the Terminal command would be:

Code:
    chflags nohidden /Users/<Username>/Library
    or use an easier way.
    Code:
    chflags nohidden ~/Library/
    This is especially helpful in Lion, yet it can be used in previous versions of Mac OS X.

Just a tip, if you want to unhide any file or folder on Mac that you hid using a period in front of its name, you can use this command:

Code:
    mv /path/to/file/.name /path/to/file/newname
    Hope this saves you the hassle of looking all over for these commands like I had to do!

• Like Like x 6
  2. ReampedHD

ReampedHD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Someone did there homework! :biggrin: Tank a yoo not helpful at all! no jk <3

Someone did there homework! :biggrin: Tank a yoo not helpful at all! no jk <3

3. L14M333

L14M333 Getting There

Ratings:
    Thanks for this... Half the old programs/apps can't find it and didn't work (stupid apple)

4. Defying

Defying I can't draw.

Ratings:
    Bump! This is the first Google result when you type in "unhide library lion" on Google. :smile: