Tutorial Unbanning your ps3 using psp's IDPS

• Thread starter AXkill3R
  • Start date
  • Views 3,598
A

AXkill3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you own a PSP, and a PS3 that’s been banned from the PSN, you can unban your PS3 by spoofing its IDPS with your PSP’s IDPS. To do so, you’ll need:

1. Install IDStorage Manager in the PSP/GAME folder of your PSP (note: depending on the version you get, you will need to create a folder “IDStorage” in PSP/GAMES, and put the EBOOT.PBP file in it. also make sure the file is named EBOOT.PBP, and not FBOOT.PBP, rename it if needed)
  2. Run IDStorage Manager from your PSP
  3. Run the dump
  4. Exit the app, and connect your PSP to your computer again, there will be a folder named “keys”, the file you want to open is named 0x0121.bin
  5. Open 0x0121.bin with an Hex editor, and grab the 16 bytes starting at address 0x60. Those 16 bytes are your PSP’s IDPS
  6. You can then use this value as the “spoof IDPS” entry on your PS3’s CFW (if it supports it) or any other Spoofer you typically use.

source

anyone tested this yet, don't have any spare psp's to test it with

J

Joshy

Legend
Reaction score
Don't have my PSP anymore, but looks like a good tutorial.

J

jojo filter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a tutorial & video confirming proof. I have 2 psp's & I will be extrcting the PSID's now lol Thank you for the post...

G

Gkjy675

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really that easy? some psp's are cheaper than private CID's

A

AXkill3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes apparently it is, it has been confirmed by quite a few different ps3 scene members to work

I saw a tutorial & video confirming proof. I have 2 psp's & I will be extrcting the PSID's now lol Thank you for the post...
No worries man, just thought I would share it around

J

jojo filter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get those old psp's out of the closet & blew the dust off of them. I did have to jailbreak them real quick because they were on ofw. I ran the tutorial & dumped the files & got the IDPS from the psp. I spoofed it to the ps3 & it worked like a charm :smile: So thanks again for bring that to share with us...

G

Gkjy675

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I permanently flash that Cid to my ps3 so I can upgrade my ps3 to ofw?

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
Can I permanently flash that Cid to my ps3 so I can upgrade my ps3 to ofw?
I believe you can if you use CCAPI then click on set boot idps and psid.

J

jojo filter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you use ccapi then change firmware such as update or downgrade your CID goes back to the CID originally on the PS3. here is a youtube video to walk you thru it making it permanent, its not to hard. If your on DEX swap it back to CEX first...

D

DrZepto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking of selling my PSP but now it finally has a use :biggrin: ty for posting!

D

DrZepto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The app states it requires 75% of battery minimum to prevent a possible brick so be careful everyone. I'll edit this post as I do this to my PSP :smile:

EDIT 1: You'll also need to copy+paste the idstorage.prx file into the same folder to start the dumps.
EDIT 2: Took about 1 minute to dump the file (using first model PSP). Also, when copying your IDPS, it'll be all the characters/bytes on line 0x60. Here's an image of how it looks on my screen: http://i.imgur.com/bLo5oSC.png (bytes censored for privacy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom