• Thread starter mickael28
  • Start date
  • Views 4,433
M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys,

I've got a couple of James Bond games which are in folders format but there are single files inside which are pretty large:

* 007 Goldeneye has got a file under DATA which is 'filelist' 4.12GB
* 007 Legends has got the same file under DATA as well, which is 'filelist' 6.3GB

When I try to copy them to the Xbox 360 HDD, they just fail to copy with an error saying that the 'file cannot be created'.

As the content is already in folders format, it's not an ISO. Do you know how this issue could be fixed/worked around?

WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc

7sin's Lobby Hoster
Hidden Devils
Donator A Milli 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
First is your files xex ver or god ver?
are you using ftp to pass files over or Xbox N

M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
First is your files xex ver or god ver?
are you using ftp to pass files over or Xbox N

They seem xex format. They have this folder structure:

007 Legends:
* Default.xex
* DATA
* a lot of small files
* filelist (6.3GB file)

I was connecting the Xbox 360 HDD directly to my Windows 10 PC with FATXplorer software...

M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a jtag. You dont need to use fatxplorer tbh.
How many gb on your hdd?

109 GB free of 228 GB.

I was starting to transfer things, so I thought it'd be quicker to plug it directly than try via FTP (which I don't know how to do yet anyway).

As a workaround, I was trying now to see if I can convert that Xex folder to God somehow, but I didn't see a direct way.
I was trying converting to ISO 1st but with '360mpGui' I keep on getting another error but not much info:
"Error Message from exiso.ee. Read error: No error"

WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc

7sin's Lobby Hoster
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
109 GB free of 228 GB.

I was starting to transfer things, so I thought it'd be quicker to plug it directly than try via FTP (which I don't know how to do yet anyway).

As a workaround, I was trying now to see if I can convert that Xex folder to God somehow, but I didn't see a direct way.
I was trying converting to ISO 1st but with '360mpGui' I keep on getting another error but not much info:
"Error Message from exiso.ee. Read error: No error"
okay. Ftp would be better tbh. Its faster and easy to use for big files like games.
You cant convert xex to god. Its only Iso to god or Iso to xex. You can make God to Iso but not xex to iso.
Do you have aurora? if you do. You can use ftp. You just need to know what your IP is on the console and put it in ftp like this > http://prntscr.com/o1jsfk

M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
okay. Ftp would be better tbh. Its faster and easy to use for big files like games.
You cant convert xex to god. Its only Iso to god or Iso to xex. You can make God to Iso but not xex to iso.
Do you have aurora? if you do. You can use ftp. You just need to know what your IP is on the console and put it in ftp like this > http://prntscr.com/o1jsfk
Thank you, it seems transferring with Aurora FTP now (I started with the 4GB one).

But as expected, I'm on wifi and it's saying... 4GB will take around 4 hours?! (it's reduced to 1.5h now, but still... FATXplorer was a lot quicker. A couple of mins)

WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc

7sin's Lobby Hoster
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you, it seems transferring with Aurora FTP now (I started with the 4GB one).

But as expected, I'm on wifi and it's saying... 4GB will take around 4 hours?! (it's reduced to 1.5h now, but still... FATXplorer was a lot quicker. A couple of mins)
its better then getting errors. :smile:

M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
Great, I didn't know... It seems the Xbox 360 / Aurora or some kind of config has an automatic switch off if not used?

I was FTP'ing for over 1h and now suddenly the transfer was cancelled when then console turned off by itself.

I think I'll try to get an ISO and convert it to GOD instead to see if that works.

WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc

7sin's Lobby Hoster
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Great, I didn't know... It seems the Xbox 360 / Aurora or some kind of config has an automatic switch off if not used?

I was FTP'ing for over 1h and now suddenly the transfer was cancelled when then console turned off by itself.

I think I'll try to get an ISO and convert it to GOD instead to see if that works.
no. It doesnt do that. If you have a server on it it could have updated or your console over heated. Rare but something random could have happened tho. who knows.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

It's faster to copy using a flash drive. The flash drive has to be formatted in fat32.

M

mickael28

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I thought about the network cable (although my laptop doesn't even have a network port).

Then ended up getting the ISO and converting to GOD the whole process for both games was a lot quicker than trying to transfer large files via FTP. But I didn't know there could be files in XEX format which were larger than 4GB, that's pretty inconvenient for some people.

Top Bottom
Login
Register