Uhmmm...Problem need help please.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xbh1h2, Jul 19, 2009 with 5 replies and 241 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Alright this may sound stupid but, I was messing around with one of my secondary accounts and deleted the windows live ID it was associated with. So now if I ever want to recover that account I cant. Heres my question, can I somehow re-link a windows live ID with that account? Every time I go to the dash and try to change it there it says that it cant connect to live, even though I'm connected to live. I dont think anyones ever done this before. What do you guys think? Can you help?

2. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    do it on your pc instead of on the 360.

1. Gather the same information that you used to sign up for your Xbox LIVE account: your name, ZIP code, phone number, and the last four digits of your credit card number. You can get all this from Account Management in the Xbox Dashboard. Make sure all the information is exactly as you entered it originally in the Xbox Dashboard.
    2. Get a Windows Live ID. If you already have an MSN Hotmail account, you're all set. If you don't, it's easy—and free—to set one up. Just go to www.passport.net and follow the directions to set up a new account.
    3. Log in with your Windows Live ID. Just follow the prompts using the info from the credit-card screen to complete the link.
    hope that helps?

3. OP
    xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    I did everything you said and it just prompts me to create a new gamertag and account.

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Have you tried recovering it? It may still be able to get recovered even if you deleted the live id. If not call support and see if they can do anything about it.

5. OP
    xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Just tried that, it didn't work.:.(

6. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just call M$/XBL and do it over the phone with a rep.