• Views 1,390
Zuke

Maaaaaaauuuuuu5

Curb Appeal.
Fabled Veteran Legendary Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Hope i spelled that write :oops:

Ok so when i try to install ubuntu on my pc it will start to install then in the middle of it my computer restarts trys to boot into windows but just gets stuck in a loop forcing me to install windows again, anyone know of this issue and shed some light ?

Operating System
  1. Linux
Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hope i spelled that write :oops:

Ok so when i try to install ubuntu on my pc it will start to install then in the middle of it my computer restarts trys to boot into windows but just gets stuck in a loop forcing me to install windows again, anyone know of this issue and shed some light ?
How are you starting the Ubuntu install? From within windows? As if you're booting from the install disc, then your bios should already be configured to boot from CD. Maybe you need to press a key after the POST screen to force booting from the CD the second time.

Zuke

Maaaaaaauuuuuu5

Curb Appeal.
Reaction score
Sin$
How are you starting the Ubuntu install? From within windows? As if you're booting from the install disc, then your bios should already be configured to boot from CD. Maybe you need to press a key after the POST screen to force booting from the CD the second time.
Turn on go to Bios and select start up from disk, when it reboots iv gone into bios again and selected start from disk but it just starts the install again.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you partitioning the drive? Silly question but if you aren't then that would be the obvious reason. Make sure you are using the right version of Ubuntu as well (32/64 bit).

Zuke

Maaaaaaauuuuuu5

Curb Appeal.
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you partitioning the drive? Silly question but if you aren't then that would be the obvious reason. Make sure you are using the right version of Ubuntu as well (32/64 bit).
yes im using the right version i tryed to indtall it on my fathers laptop and i got the same error so i think maybe the disk i got was a bad burn ?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
yes im using the right version i tryed to indtall it on my fathers laptop and i got the same error so i think maybe the disk i got was a bad burn ?

Yes. That would be my assumption if the disc didn't work on two separate computers. Either that or you aren't partitioning the harddrive first and just trying to install it over-top of windows.

Zuke

Maaaaaaauuuuuu5

Curb Appeal.
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. That would be my assumption if the disc didn't work on two separate computers. Either that or you aren't partitioning the harddrive first and just trying to install it over-top of windows.
i'm thinking a bad disk as im doing eveything as i should

Top Bottom
Login
Register